Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:30:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  John Simon Presents Some Interesting Art
« previous next »
: [1]
: John Simon Presents Some Interesting Art  ( 3333 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 28, 2005, 05:58:25 PM »

Hi All,

SOME INTERESTING ART FROM AN INTERESTING YOUNG MAN - John Simon graduated from BFA Fairfax in 1986.

Now you have all seen the first picture before, but you will see two more very interesting photos further down the page:

I took the above photo of an operational "Snow Fireplace" created by young John Simon in front of his place on Route 104A on March 15, 2005. Although there was no fire in the fireplace at the time I took this photo, there had been, so if you happened to have gone by and saw a fire going with smoke coming out of the chimney, you definitely were not imagining things. John tells me he did accomplish this feat, although it did take its toll on the snow sculpture. About a week after I took the above photo, Mother Nature wreaked havoc and the chimney had toppled into the fireplace.

The above photo was taken by Anthony Boccio, Free Lance Photographer and appeared in the February 24, 2005 Edition of The Milton Independent on the Front Page. John Simon is shown creating one of his Geometric Ice Circles. Although John tells me there are a few tricks of the trade, it is absolutely unbelievable how he can do this and have it come out so perfect. It certainly takes a lot of patience and it can all be wiped out in a small one inch snow storm. John was extremely pleased that someone had captured one of his creations on film. He told me he had attempted to do so himself, but the disposable camera he used did not take a very good photo. As for me, when I saw this photo, I took a chance and sent The Milton Independent a note and asked them if they would be willing to share this photo with me. Lynn Delaney sent me back a note and said they would be glad to do that. Out of respect for Anthony Boccio as well as The Milton Independent, please do not copy the above photo without their consent.

On March 15, 2005, several snowstorms after the photo depicting an earlier creation by John Simon near the Georgia Highbridge, I was able to take a photo of another creation by young John Simon - Unbelievable isn't it. John has other ways of creating his artistic talent and hopefully some time in the future, I will be able to work with John, take a few photos and tell you about them.

A Special Thanks to:
The Milton Independent - Lynn Delaney
Anthony Boccio - Free Lance Photographer

John Simon - For his artistic talents

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: