Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:47:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Are we going to get a repeat storm?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Are we going to get a repeat storm?  ( 3553 )
Judi
: 508

« : September 04, 2011, 07:01:28 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161/ns/weather/
« : September 04, 2011, 07:03:04 AM Judi »
slpott
: 457

« #1 : September 04, 2011, 08:30:47 AM »

Bite your tongue.
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : September 04, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »

Down here ( and on TWC ) , the " experts " are saying that this storm has less wind damage potential and is far less of a rainmaker when it touches ( or skirts ) land .   Hope they're right . When I was growing up in Central Vermont in the late 1930's and early 40's , the stories about the 1927 flood were widely discussed . I imagine that my grandparents and parents would find conditions in Bethel & Randolph strangely similar now if they were around......and the fact that my sister's husband's casket was washed down the hill in Rochester probably tops any of the tales that we heard 60+ years ago. 
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : September 05, 2011, 01:40:12 AM »

Down here ( and on TWC ) , the " experts " are saying that this storm has less wind damage potential and is far less of a rainmaker when it touches ( or skirts ) land .   Hope they're right . When I was growing up in Central Vermont in the late 1930's and early 40's , the stories about the 1927 flood were widely discussed . I imagine that my grandparents and parents would find conditions in Bethel & Randolph strangely similar now if they were around......and the fact that my sister's husband's casket was washed down the hill in Rochester probably tops any of the tales that we heard 60+ years ago. 

Mr. Brown,

I respect you as an elder and as an educator.
Thank you for your dedication to education.

But, I gotta bust your, I don't wanna get banned again, so I will say "testies"?

Here is the bust....... of "testies"

"They had written word in the early 30's?"

I cracked that the other night at Gloria's B day party...
It got a big laugh, then,,,,

https://picasaweb.google.com/mikeraburn/922011?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Dick Brown
: 414

« #4 : September 05, 2011, 05:50:01 AM »

Mike                  Most of the " written word "  was passed along via slate and a sharp stick..........an improvement over birch bark , which was retained for other uses though .
Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : September 05, 2011, 07:51:46 AM »

We have had enough rain to last us a while.

Thought I would pass along this link to some arial photos taken of some of the recent flood damage.
http://www.mansfieldheliflight.com/flood/

My thoughts are with those effected by the storm.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: