Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:13:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  School Bus Slides Off The Road On Boissoneault Rd
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: School Bus Slides Off The Road On Boissoneault Rd  ( 16447 )
Scott Mitchell
: 24

« #15 : December 22, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »

Both my kids were on the bus and as my 7 year old described it "Some of the kids were upset until we all got off the bus, but it was ok dad, the only problem was they wouldn't let me go to Mima and Pop's."  Good to know the kid has his priorities, also, lucky he didn't take off across the field to go to his grandparents his with his sister.  But I digress, I applaud the kids and the bus driver for keeping a level head in the situation and am pleased that all was well and there is only damage to the bus.

Happy Holidays
Scott Mitchell
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #16 : December 22, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »

Chris, I got the photo on Facebook from Kristy Pigeon's page.  Not sure who took it.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
7F24
: 253

« #17 : December 22, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »

I am sure we all have at one time or another been in a situation where we have no control of the vehicle due to ice.  When that happens you react as best you can and hope you come to a stop safely.  Good job Corey, you kept your head and did what you could.
     My concern is how this situation was handled after the stop.  I understand that reporting the incident to the school is their protocol, but I can not understand why no one reported this to 911.  This bus was moving fast enough to go over the guard rail, I would think the impact may throw kids around.  The driver I noticed was wearing a seat belt, but the kids were not.  Who decided the kids were ok and should be loaded on another bus?  It appears now that none of the children were hurt, but if my kids were on that bus, I would want rescue called to check them out.
logical
: 141

« #18 : December 22, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »

7F24 - I couldn't agree more!  That was my concern as well.  Had my chilldren been on that bus I would not have been too happy about the fact that rescue crews were not called in to assess the children.
7F24
: 253

« #19 : December 22, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »

I don't mean to sound like I am criticising how the school handled this.  It is very easy to look back and say I should have done this or that.  When the fan's all dirty you do what you think is best and learn from your mistakes.   I just hope people review how this was handled, and ensure that these situations are handled better in the future.
sdogallen
: 51

« #20 : December 22, 2011, 05:53:32 PM »

Not sure if it's a law or not but I think any school bus related accident the students are all supposed to be checked by EMS or someone that is qualified before being released or taken away.
al brodeur
: 216

« #21 : December 22, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »

are these buses equiped with sanders?might be worth considering
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: