Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:06:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FFWLL PLANT SALE - MR. DING A LING COMES TO TOWN
« previous next »
: [1]
: FFWLL PLANT SALE - MR. DING A LING COMES TO TOWN  ( 2597 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 21, 2005, 11:08:25 AM »

Hi All,

Just came back from the Fairfax - Fletcher - Westford Little League Plant Sale

Check out their web site at:  http://www.ffwll.org/

Lots of activity at J&L Field as the Plant Sale gets under way:

Mike McGuinness and Karen Charbonneau work on the hanging plant booth

Plastic sleds were used to transport plants to the cashier as off in the distance talk was circulating that a Mr. Ding A Ling was coming

Mr. Ding A Ling didn't quite make it into the area

But finally he got parked

As customers started lining up

What happened to the plant sale??  Oh yes, the plant sale

Mike McGuinness and Karen Charbonneau still operate the hanging basket booth as customers start to come back from Mr. Ding A Ling's

The following information was taken from the Fairfax - Fletcher - Westford Little League Web Site - Check it out for more information:

Plant Sale Update                                        5/16/05

Totals are finally in and it looks like another record sales year, now we can hope for good weather on Saturday. The following players sold over $275.00 worth of plants each earning a $25.00 gift certificate to Dick’s Sporting Goods; Kenneth Douglas, Matt Larose, Judson Veren, Lyndsay Potter, Zach Perry, Garrett Leduc, Alexis Perry, Ruby Bushey, Jordan Larson and Cameron Loller. These 10 players sold $3582.00 worth of plants. Congratulations also go out to Garrett Leduc he sold $625.00 worth of plants and earned the $100.00 gift certificate to Dick’s Sporting Goods. GOOD JOB!

The top three teams in sales this year were:

1.        Major Softball – Mariners – Coach Dave Bushey
2.        Major Baseball – Red Sox – Coach Matt Lyman
3.        Minor Baseball – Red Sox – Coach Don Demar

These three teams sold over $5000.00 worth of plants, the competition was close this year and in the end it came down to the difference of about $70.00 between the top two teams. Good job in getting your players out selling plants.

The winner of the $50.00 gift certificate drawing is Max Sloan and the winner of the $25.00 gift certificate is Tyler King. The balls, shirts, gift certificates and team bags have all been ordered and will be in sometime the week after plant sale is over. I will get these out to the teams as soon as they are available. We have to wait for the shirts and the bags to be printed at the printers.    

The truck is scheduled to be at the field by 3:00 on Friday afternoon for unloading, anyone that can help out should be at the field any time after 3:00 on Friday. Saturday morning we will get an early start say around 8:00. We will be putting the plants in under tents again this year to protect them from the weather so we will need to get the plants moved onto the field on Saturday morning like we did last year.

I would like to thank all of the people that completed their forms and turned them in on time and the staff of J & L Hardware for helping collect the forms that didn’t get turned in directly to me. This makes my job much easier.

Brenda Potter
Treasurer/Plant Sale Coordinator

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : May 17, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »

Nice Leason your teaching the kids, sell the plants and if the party doesn't show up to pick them up by 1:00 you resell them.
Why ever happen to teaching honesty and good customer service.
My son bought $12.00 worth of plants and had surgery on Thursday, when he called to see where he could pick them up he was told that they had been resold and it was on the invoice. 
A good leason for the kids???
: [1]  
« previous next »
: