Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:57:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire Department Notice of Importance - Winter Road Maintenance
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire Department Notice of Importance - Winter Road Maintenance  ( 2665 )
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« : December 04, 2013, 02:16:58 PM »

The joy of the winter road maintenance season is upon us in full swing the Fairfax Fire Department is asking or better yet, pleading for the residents of Fairfax and Fletcher to ensure their private roads and driveways are properly maintained with plowing the full width and sanding as well.

Last evening (December 3, 2013) the fire department responded to a carbon monoxide call on a private road with lack of proper winter maintenance.   Upon completion of the call while descending the private road due to lack of adequate maintenance we experienced a significant near miss, narrowly avoiding the truck rolling over and possibly causing significant injury or worse to its crew; never mind the potential damage to the vehicle and it equipment valued at nearly $500,000.

To further paint the picture; upon the tones we knew the road had potential to be bad due to past experiences and altered our standard operating response procedures by sending the Rescue and Engine 2 rather than just sending Engine 1.  Engine 1 with its longer wheel base I am not confident we could be considering this only a near miss. 

Many residents of our primary communities I am sure never plan on needing either fire or rescue assistance just as I am sure the folks last evening did not.  However, one can never predict when you may or may not need the services of the fire department, ambulance or both.

Please ensure you’re your roads and driveways are maintained as if your life and property depend on it, because it may indeed.  If we cannot access your property in a time of need than we cannot provide the assistance that was requested or at least not without potential for catastrophic delay. 

Justin Hayes, CFI
Fire Chief
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : December 04, 2013, 05:43:26 PM »

yes but what about the call?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: