Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:47:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Swanton Teenager Crashes On Interstate In Georgia Area At 100 MPH
« previous next »
: [1]
: Swanton Teenager Crashes On Interstate In Georgia Area At 100 MPH  ( 3304 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 11, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »

Sure wish there was a way to make these people understand they are gambling with their lives and others.  Channel 3 said it happened between exits 18 and 19.  High School graduation is just around the corner and sure as shooting, some of our youngsters will never see graduation.

Police say an 18-year-old was driving more than 100 mph on Interstate 89 before the car left the road and rolled several times. Both the driver and passenger survived the crash.

According to police, Justin Trippany, of Swanton, was driving a Toyota Avalon north in the passing lane when the vehicle drifted left on to the rumble strip. Witnesses said the car then swerved quickly to the right, then left, rotating counter-clockwise on to the grass median. It then rolled over several times, resting on its roof in a drainage ditch, said police.

The weather was clear and dry.

Witnesses helped the juvenile female passenger and Trippany from the vehicle. Trippany suffered head injuries, said police.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : May 12, 2008, 06:57:08 AM »

Teenagers and young adults think they are invincible.  Plain simple that is it.  Cell phones, stereos, "fast cars", (I use that as a loose term, because a spoiler and loud muffler doesn't make the car faster..), etc...I have spent close to 15 years in emergency services and have lost count on the amount crashes I have been to that involve speeding and inexperienced drivers. 
When this young man recovers, I'd say he should take drivers ed again.  Or perhaps pay for the response of emergency crews?  Until we hold all drivers (regardless of age) for their actions they will continue to drive the way they do.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Mummy
: 280

« #2 : May 12, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »

Let us not forget why this accident occurred to begin with ... someone was breaking the law.  When this person recooperats they should be held accountable and have to pay for damages.  In addition they usually have higher car insurance, hospital bills (even if they have insurance ... co payments, coinsurance and deductibles) and speeding tickets to remind them of their actions.

I would like the courts make it mandatory 20-40 hours of volunteer time in their community working with the same folks who were there to help them during this unnecessary emergency.   Perhaps this would give these young adults a valuable lession -  hands on.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : May 12, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »

Good idea, Mummy.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #4 : May 13, 2008, 06:31:30 AM »

Let us not forget why this accident occurred to begin with ... someone was breaking the law.  When this person recooperats they should be held accountable and have to pay for damages.  In addition they usually have higher car insurance, hospital bills (even if they have insurance ... co payments, coinsurance and deductibles) and speeding tickets to remind them of their actions.

I would like the courts make it mandatory 20-40 hours of volunteer time in their community working with the same folks who were there to help them during this unnecessary emergency.   Perhaps this would give these young adults a valuable lession -  hands on.

A co-worker and I have the same philosophy.  Hit them in the wallet and make them use "their" time to make amends.  I am sure a young person would hate to have to spend a Friday night reading to the elderly or sweeping the sidewalks for a neighbor.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: