Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:41:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Did you have or adopt a baby in the last year?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Did you have or adopt a baby in the last year?  ( 2109 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : February 21, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »

Each year the library and Success by Six work together to invite Fairfax families to dedicate new library books in honor of the new babies in our community.  This program is part of the Welcome infant Social and Annual Birthday Bash each spring.  We would like to extend this invitation to you and your family.

Each Fairfax family who gave birth to or adopted a child between March 1, 2010 and February 28, 2011 is invited to come to the Welcome infant Social and choose a special book which will be dedicated to your child.  A book plate will be placed inside the front cover of the book with your child’s name and date of birth.  As he or she grows, you will both enjoy reading and re-reading this book and your child will know there is one special volume for them at their library.  It’s a wonderful way to encourage literacy and an interest in books as well as making each child feel special and noticed.

This year we are organizing things a little differently.  Here’s how it will work.

If you would like to participate in the Baby Book Dedication program, you must fill out and return the enclosed form to the library by MARCH 8, 2011.  You may mail the form or drop it off at the circulation desk in the library, or send us an email with the needed information (baby's full name and date of birth, if known).  Please use the attached form or let us know you need one.

We will order a selection of hardcover picture books for those families who indicate their desire to participate by returning the enclosed form.  There is no cost to you for the book.  The books will be on display at the Welcome Infant Social on Saturday, April 2, 2011.  If you can attend you may choose a book for your baby and if you cannot attend we will choose one we think you would like.  Only families who have returned the participation form will have a book available for dedication, so please make sure you return yours!
Success by Six will be sending you more detailed information about the Social and Birthday Bash later this year. 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you and your baby at the library.

Debbie Landauer, Town Librarian and
Deb Warner, Chair Fairfax Community Library Board of Trustees
(802) 849-2420
fairfaxlibrarian@gmail.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: