Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:11:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ed & Helga Send An Update from Carmel Valley
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ed & Helga Send An Update from Carmel Valley  ( 1232 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 29, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »

While sampling organic wines, I noticed this guy sitting in the corner holding a tray with grapes, wine and cheeze. I asked Helga to pose. It appears she's having second thoughts. At another winery, the hostess suggested this pose behind the counter. The name of the winery: Boekenoogen, prounced "book-an-new-gun". I could play on this, but I'll leave it alone.

Well, that's it for the wines. Now it's off to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park, CA. Just on the edge of the park boundary lies Mt. Whitney at 14,494', the highest point in the contiguous U.S. About 60 miles away as the crow flies lies the deepest point in the U.S. - Death Valley, CA. We've been to both places in 2002, but to appreciate them you need to visit more than once. We visited Death Valley in 2006 to check out the 'Race Track', a playa, or dried lake bed, where rocks and boulders seem to move on their own iniative. Rather than stop at Death Valley, we're going to see two Las Vegas shows: Terry Faddor and "The Las Vegas Show', the latter being all about costumed girls.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: