Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:18:13 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Water, Sewer, But No Parking
« previous next »
: [1]
: Water, Sewer, But No Parking  ( 3655 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 23, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »

Since water & sewer are already there, a number of people see this as a great place to restore and use, however, there is one big drawback and that is that there is no parking and no way to get any more parking.  People use to park on both sides of the road in Main Hill in the old days, but lots of changes in the amount of traffic now, plus activities in the winter would certainly be difficult.

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : April 23, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »

What about subsidized shuttle service?  Park at the school ( very rarely are BOTH Elementary and High School/Library lots Completely full in the winter) and get shuttled over to the event.  What would the shuttle be ( School bus or private vehicle), who would subsidize it, and in light of limited solutions - are folks willing to work with the idea - is something to decide by the powers that be.  Discussion here would be a great first step though.
« : April 23, 2009, 11:37:45 AM Henry »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
trussell
: 870

« #2 : April 23, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »

A shuttle, while good in theory, just isn't too practical.  Who is going to pay for it would be one major question.  Another issue is that people, regardless of a shuttle being available, would still try to park on Main Hill.  I don't think it's posted as a "no parking" area, and people always seem to want the most accessible spots (I've seen this first hand while trying to help people park at the funeral home- even with a parking lot available!).  The building itself also looks like it would need some major work- including a foundation.  Unfortunately, this historic building will probably be either drastically modified or torn down.

Does anyone know anything about possible access from behind? I don't know what the land is like or who owns it....

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
special ED

« #3 : April 23, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »

trevor I will loan you my handicapped parking sign if that will help you ,loctavious would be happy to pay extra taxes to support the cause because it would be for the children .....
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : April 24, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »

I remember going with my Nana as a child to different events there.  Bingo, Book Swaps, Christmas Parties for kids.  It is too bad that there is no parking for it and I am sure it needs a lot of work to be open to the public again.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
slpott
: 457

« #5 : April 25, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »

I wonder if there is a way to obtain an easement from the neighbors? Our first little house had an easement driveway and it worked very well for both of us. You don't see that often but I wonder what the zoning is? May be a way to obtain access.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: