Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:16:28 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Lynn Raymond-Empey - New Executive Director At VCCU
« previous next »
: [1]
: Lynn Raymond-Empey - New Executive Director At VCCU  ( 6249 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 22, 2008, 08:52:24 AM »

Lynn Raymond-Empey - New Executive Director at VCCU

The Vermont Coalition of Clinics for the Uninsured (VCCU) announces the hiring of Lynn Raymond-Empey of Bellows Falls, as their new executive director to replace long-time director, Sonja Olson.

The VCCU formed in 1995, is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to increase access to health care for low-income uninsured and underinsured Vermont residents. The VCCU director supports the work of the nine member programs in Vermont.

For information about VCCU or to find a free clinic near you, visit the VCCU website at www.vccu.net.

Lynn is the oldest daughter of Henry & Maryann Raymond and lives in Bellows Falls with her husband Mike Empey and our two grandsons, Henry & Sam.  Lynn hasn't actually lived here in Fairfax since she graduated from BFA in 1979.  She then went on to St. Michaels College where she graduated in 1983 and later earned her Masters Degree in Public Administration from The University of New Hampshire.  Congratulations Lynn, Mom & Dad are very proud of you. For those of you on the forum, bear with us, we are just down to earth very proud parents of all of our youngsters and have to brag just a bit.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : May 22, 2008, 09:12:37 AM »

You may add one very proud sister too!!  I am sure I speak for Sherry and myself when I say Congratulations and what an excellent service you do for the citizens of Vermont Lynn!

Love,

Mary kay
« : May 22, 2008, 09:14:25 AM Henry »

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 22, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »

Below is the official Press Release being released to the newspapers:

Vermont Coalition of Clinics for the Uninsured members - Back row L-R: Peter Youngbear, Kathy Castellini, Lynn Raymond-Empey, Ceil Furlong, Michelle Packard, Karen Glade, Leon Cooper, Jodie Murray, Sonja Olson - Front row L-R: Betsey Hedley, Pam Farnum, Wilda Pelton

New Executive Director appointed to lead the Vermont Coalition of Clinics for the Uninsured

Bellows Falls, VT – The Vermont Coalition of Clinics for the Uninsured (VCCU) announces the hiring of Lynn Raymond-Empey of Bellows Falls, VT as their new Executive Director to replace long-time director, Sonja Olson.  The VCCU formed in 1995, is a 501(c)(3) organization whose purpose is to increase access to health care for low-income uninsured and underinsured Vermont residents. The VCCU director supports the work of the nine member programs in Vermont.

Retiring director, Sonja Olson, has seen many health care efforts come to fruition in Vermont since she became the first part-time executive director of the VCCU in 1996.  “Our goal has always been to put ourselves out of business, but the need for our programs has never diminished, says Olson.    The coalition began after the establishment of free clinics in Putney, White River Jct, Burlington, Randolph, Barre, Middlebury, and Rutland as programs felt the need to exchange information and support each other’s work.  Additional programs were then started in Windsor and Springfield.  “Sonja has been an incredible advocate for the uninsured in Vermont and an invaluable resource for the VCCU,” says VCCU Board President, Wilda Pelton.

“We welcome our new director, Lynn, in a time of considerable transition in health care in Vermont.  Vermont is fortunate to have health insurance programs like the Vermont Health Access Plan and the new Catamount Health Plan. The VCCU looks forward to remaining “safety net” providers while looking at ways to support the health care system in new and innovative ways.  I think Lynn will bring great energy to our coalition,” says Pelton.

Lynn Empey has been Coordinator of the River Connection Regional Partnership for the past six years and is a past member of the Vermont Association of Regional Partnership’s Leadership Team.  She has also served as coordinator for the Early Childhood Council in Springfield and previously was town manager in Ogunquit and Naples Maine.

For information about VCCU or to find a free clinic near you, visit the VCCU website at www.vccu.net

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: