Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:24:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Man Struck By Car Saturday Found Dead On Sunday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Man Struck By Car Saturday Found Dead On Sunday  ( 1824 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 11, 2011, 07:59:50 AM »

A man struck by a car Saturday was found dead Sunday -- what Burlington Police are calling an untimely death.

According to police, the 20-year-old man confined to a wheelchair was struck by a car Saturday at the intersection of Flynn Ave and Pine Street. He was treated at Fletcher Allen and released. The driver was a 48 year-old man, possibly originally from Fairfax

Sunday morning the pedestrian was found dead at his home. Police have not released the identity of the man and investigation into the cause of his death is ongoing.

Police say speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the accident.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 11, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »

The young man who died after being struck by a car Saturday night was identified Monday as Zachary Stimatis, 20, by the Burlington Police Department.

The cause of his death is still under examination by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, wrote Deputy Chief Andi Higbee in a press release.

Stimatis was treated and released from Fletcher Allen Health Care for injuries sustained when his wheelchair struck a car at Flynn Avenue and Pine Street in Burlington.

He was found dead in his home Sunday morning, police said. Authorities delayed releasing the victims name until his family was notified.

The operator of the vehicle, Jeffrey Shedd, 48, of Shelburne was not injured. A preliminary police investigation Saturday determined that speed and alcohol were not factors in the crash; today Higbee wrote that Shedd appeared to have been following the rules of the road.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: