Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:51:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  The Center for Cartoon Studies offer full 1 week scholarship for a teen
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Center for Cartoon Studies offer full 1 week scholarship for a teen  ( 2138 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : March 27, 2014, 11:42:05 AM »

This just in from the VT Dept. of Libraries:
Good news! The Center for Cartoon Studies in White River Junction is one again giving a full scholarship for a teen to attend their week long Create Comics workshop in July.

Here are the basics:   

This full scholarship, worth $900, includes the workshop, supplies, morning/afternoon snacks, full lunch and evening student activities. Lodging is not included, but there is a very inexpensive hostel option at the nearby Hotel Coolidge. Any Vermont student age 16 or older (must be 16 years old by June 1, 2014) is eligible. The workshop will take place in White River Junction, VT July 7-11, 2014.

Students interested in the scholarship should apply through their local school or public library. The only entry requirements are: (1) that the student is a Vermonter and at least 16 years old, and (2) the applicant has the ability to attend the entire workshop in July. The contest will be conducted through the library (school or public) and librarians will be responsible for sending in the entry forms to the me  by May 2, 2014. VTLIB will hold a drawing and will let the winning student's librarian know the results by May 15.

For an entry form and a flyer to post in your school or library, please see:  http://libraries.vermont.gov/libraries/cbec/ccs

For more information about this workshop visit:  http://www.cartoonstudies.org/index.php/programs/summer-workshops/

: [1]  
« previous next »
: