Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:18:13 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 8/11/09 and Blog- Summer
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 8/11/09 and Blog- Summer  ( 3139 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 10, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »

Picture of the Day August 11, 2009

I wonder what the next name will be on the building.

SUMMER
Posted for Tuesday August 11th...................................

I think summer has finally arrrived. It can hang around for 2-3 months as far as I'm concerned.
Wanted to do something Monday evening, so I took a walk around the village. Took some pictures here and there.
Because it was in the 70's and no rain, we took Rex for another ride in the Beetle with the top down around 9pm. Went to Cambridge and back.
There was lightning to the north of us. One storm went north and east of us, another went south of us. I can hear it raining a little now as of 11:05pm. While we were out in the Beetle, I had my arm hanging out the window. The air is so humid, my hand felt clammy and damp.

I think we cleaned the last classroom of the school Monday. Still need to do floors and move rooms back, and other areas. I believe we need to have the school ready for Aug. 26th, because that's when the teachers officially come back.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
JoeT
: 100

« #1 : August 11, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

I wonder if we'll ever see anything on the end of that tower?  Was supposed to be for WiMax broadband.

FP promised the state 100% broadband penetration to 80% of their exchanges (including 849) in VT by the end of 2010.
The project appears to be stalled !

Joe
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : August 11, 2009, 12:31:53 PM »

Objections to the tower have been raised by resident (s) in the area - The last I knew, Fairpoint was discussing other locations for towers in town.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: