Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:00:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 1/27/10 and Photo Blog-2009 FXFD Awards
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 1/27/10 and Photo Blog-2009 FXFD Awards  ( 3341 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 27, 2010, 12:00:05 AM »

Wednesday January 27, 2010
Picture of the Day

Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, California. Anthony and Carl arrived at 4:30 local time(7:30 for us) Tuesday morning. Anthony sent me this picture, I texted him back to verify that they made it, then he called me. Trucked out. But they made it. He was very impressed with Texas. The saying "Everything is bigger in Texas" was absolutely right, he said. 3,312 miles for the total trip. Practice Thursday with racing Friday and Saturday nights.

PHOTO BLOG- 2009 FAIRFAX FIRE DEPARTMENT AWARDS

Awards-Henry Raymond-Chief's Award, Jordan Hayes-Community Service Award, Carl Lashomb-Safety Award.

Firefighter of the Year-Paul Langelier. Paul was not at the banquet and Henry Raymond sent me this picture.

Years of Service Pin Awards- Duane Leach-30 years, Dean Potter-15 years, Ryan Zeno-5 years. Missing- DJ Leach-30 years and Marc Bessette-5 years.

Group photo of members present Tuesday night.
Standing(L-R): Dean Potter, Steve Bessette, Lucien Hayes, Jesse Fleming, Jordan Hayes, Tim Bessette, Ryan Zeno, Justin Hayes, Carl Lashomb, Kyle Magnuson, Dan Vanslette, Duane Leach, Jim Field, Mike Cain
Kneeling-Tom Snyder, Matt Kozlowski, Jamie Wooster, Kyle Williams, Dave Bartley
Many thanks to Katie Webb for using my camera to take this picture!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 27, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »

I was quite surprised to receive The Chief's Award as Justin & Dean asked me to go down and take some photos at the banquet.  The award was in appreciation for the things I do for them.  The Fire Department has done far more for me than I have done for them and it was certainly very, very nice of them to give me that recognition.  It was nice to see the families there, as these guys/gals with all the hours of training and service they have, certainly need the backing of their families.  There is something special about a fireman or rescue person - They have a very special dedication and love doing what they are doing.

We do appreciate you and a special thanks from me for the Lift Assists with rescue and the wonderful support and assistance at the time of my daughters house fire.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : January 28, 2010, 03:58:47 AM »

Excellent work FXFD!!

Henry's award made me laugh upon reading his post.
Funny stuff Henry and Mike.

You all do MORE than we all do for you all of the time.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: