Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:06:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Manure Truck Hits Building In St. Albans
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Manure Truck Hits Building In St. Albans  ( 32123 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #30 : August 01, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »

Raz,  Take a drive up to Pete Rainville's Farm on the Swamp Road and you will see technology at its finest - I won't attempt to explain what is happening up there, but I am sure Sarah would be glad to explain things to you - Truly amazing how far things have come.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #31 : August 01, 2011, 08:33:11 PM »

St. Albans Messenger reports in today's paper:

http://www.samessenger.com/node/1857

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #32 : August 01, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »

Mechanical failure.

Manure happens.

I am sure this vehicle has yearly inspections and certifications due to the fact that it is a licensed commercial vehicle and I am sure the driver had his CDL in order.

I am glad the driver was treated and released and no one else was injured.

I am still unclear why people checked into the shelter and I read the article, 4x.

Were they the ones evacuated from nearby buildings until the FD knew there were no nat has problems?
That would make sense and I'd probably do the same.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #33 : August 02, 2011, 04:34:34 AM »

raz you jelly fish. dont give into a few opinions stick to your guns ...the truth is the farmers let their equipment fall apart then complain to the royality in congress to get handout money ,now you watch in a couple of months when re-election time for these clowns and see what pork they bring home to the farmers
Razzle Dazzle

« #34 : August 02, 2011, 06:19:09 AM »

raz you jelly fish. dont give into a few opinions stick to your guns ...the truth is the farmers let their equipment fall apart then complain to the royality in congress to get handout money ,now you watch in a couple of months when re-election time for these clowns and see what pork they bring home to the farmers

All is well Ed, all is well. 
And as usual, I smiled when reading your post. Thanks.

Razzle Dazzle

« #35 : August 02, 2011, 06:19:49 AM »

Raz,  Take a drive up to Pete Rainville's Farm on the Swamp Road and you will see technology at its finest - I won't attempt to explain what is happening up there, but I am sure Sarah would be glad to explain things to you - Truly amazing how far things have come.

I should do that Henry, and get some education.  Thanks.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #36 : August 03, 2011, 12:59:39 AM »

Mechanical failure.

Manure happens.

I am sure this vehicle has yearly inspections and certifications due to the fact that it is a licensed commercial vehicle and I am sure the driver had his CDL in order.

I am glad the driver was treated and released and no one else was injured.

I am still unclear why people checked into the shelter and I read the article, 4x.

Were they the ones evacuated from nearby buildings until the FD knew there were no nat has problems?
That would make sense and I'd probably do the same.

I've seen 2 different trucks in this post an nothing for sure in the video.
So who knows.

All I know is that no one was seriously hurt, and that is a good thing.
msm
: 211

« #37 : August 03, 2011, 09:12:49 AM »

It's a miracle noone was hurt -- a Manure Miracle
Henry
Administrator

« #38 : August 03, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »

Channel 22 will be interviewing Archie Domina, the driver of the truck, tonight on their 11 pm edition of the news.  It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.  Lots of people have said they didn't think he would allow himself to be interviewd, but sounds like he doesn't have a problem.

Except for the neck brace and scratches on his arms, you'd never know 23-year old Archie Domina was behind the wheel of a manure spreader last Friday.

The same truck that lost the ability to stop, took out signs, and ended up inside a downtown St. Albans building.

"I vaguely remember coming down through blowing my horn," said Domina.

But the rest of that unbelievable ride, the way Domina somehow avoided people and cars as he raced toward a busy intersection, and picked the only vacant building to help him stop, is still a blur.

"I don't remember doing any of it, I don't remember any of it at all," he said.

In fact, Domina says he had no idea about what the aftermath looked like until he watched the story Fox44 did just a short time after he crashed through the building.

"Unbelievable that nobody got hurt, nothing, didn't hit anybody just nothing, no vehicles cause there's a lot of them," said Domina.

The only other way the farm worker has been able to piece together about what happened is from eyewitnesses, including a woman who was in the path of the out of control truck.

"She was saying, what the hell is wrong with this guy? Cause he's blowing his horn at me and yelling at me to get out of the way. Finally, she moved, luckily she moved," said  Domina.
« : August 04, 2011, 07:18:33 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #39 : August 04, 2011, 07:20:44 AM »

I posted the photo from Fox in the post above - Click on the Fox Web Site for further updates:

http://www.fox44now.com/story/15205571/st-albans-vt-truck-driver-recalls-downtown-crash

Henry Raymond
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: