Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:33:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Andy Rocheleau, Former Fairfax Barber, Dies At Age 83
« previous next »
: [1]
: Andy Rocheleau, Former Fairfax Barber, Dies At Age 83  ( 3499 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 24, 2011, 09:17:46 AM »

Andrew L. Rocheleau St.Albans Mr. Andrew Lawrence “Andy” Rocheleau, age 83, died peacefully, Friday evening, January 21, 2011, at the St. Albans Health and Rehabilitation Center, with his loving family at his side. Andy was born in St. Albans February 16, 1927 son of the late Arthur and Harriet (Nichols) Rocheleau. Following graduation from high school, Andy worked at the family business, Rocheleau Dairy then proudly served his country in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He established his own shop, known as Andy’s Barber Shop in 1957 which he ran for many years in Fairfax and later Milton. He continued barbering on a part time basis after he officially retired until illness forced closing of his shop this month. Andy was an active member of the Loyal Order of Moose, Lodge # 1090, receiving his Fellowship in 1991. He was also a member of the St. Jean de Baptiste Societe, fifty year member of the American Legion, Post # 1 and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post # 758. Spending time with his wife, family and friends was the most important thing to Andy. He enjoyed cheering on his favorite team, Boston Red Sox. He also enjoyed gambling trips with Rena and friends and spent many enjoyable hours playing card games with his family and close friends. Andrew is survived by his wife Rena, daughters Darlene and husband Jeffrey Cross of Swanton, Andrea Rocheleau of St. Albans, sons Arthur and wife Annette, Dana and wife Sarah all of Georgia, adored grandchildren Mariah, Maverick whom he called Dude, and Taylor Rocheleau, his brothers and wives Robert and Virginia “Ginger”, Maurice and Lillian, Elphege and Cecile and his sister Pauline Desjardins. Besides his parents Andy was predeceased by his brothers Phillippe and Wilfred and sister Beatrice Rocheleau. His family wishes to express sincere appreciation to the staff of St. Albans Health and Rehabilitation Center, for the loving care he was given during his final days. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, January 26, at 11:00 A.M. in Holy Angels Church. Friends may call at the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home, 86 South Main St. from 6 to 9 P.M. Tuesday. Interment will be in the Rocheleau family lot in Mt. Calvary Cemetery. Online condolences may be sent to Andy’s family at the funeral home website: www.bradyandlevesque.com. Arrangements are entrusted to the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home and Commemorative Services.

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #1 : January 25, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »

Jim is going to miss Andy very much.  He was a great barber and loved to visit about the days in Fairfax.
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : January 25, 2011, 08:29:56 AM »

I had a number of Old IBMer friends that used to go to him and he used to relay information back and forth between us as it was a real rarity when we were ever there at the same time.  He also would follow up with questions and information about a lot of the old timers in town that he remembered and had not seen recently.  I too will miss him.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : January 25, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »

For those of you that may have forgotten, click on the following link to see some photos I had taken of me getting a haircut at Andy's back in November 2005:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=665.0

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: