Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:42:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Headed For A Special Graduation For Me Tomorrow
« previous next »
: [1]
: Headed For A Special Graduation For Me Tomorrow  ( 4347 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 15, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »

Tomorrow night my oldest grandson, "Little Henry" graduates from BFUHS down in Bellows Falls.  I don't make many trips down there, but this one is kind of special.  Hard to believe, that when Maryann & I both retired in 1992, he wasn't even born yet.  He will be coming up this way to attend UVM this fall.  His little brother "Sammy" will be graduating from high school three years from now and so the cycle goes on.

I remember our 3 girls graduating from high school down here at BFA-Fairfax and then their graduation from college, one from St. Mikes, one from UVM and one from Johnson State, plus our oldest getting her Masters from UNH.  We were so proud of each one of them and I know each parent and grandparent probably feels the same as we did - There is only one young adult in that whole group that we really are watching and that is our child..  If we are taking photos, somehow that one person gets focused in the center of the picture and they are definitely going to be the first one we congratulate at the end of the ceremony.

My congratulations to all the graduates up here and meanwhile, I will be down in Bellows Falls, trying not to embarrass my grandson. 

It will be bittersweet, as this is again one of the numerous events that Maryann and I will not be sharing together, but I know she will be looking down with pride from above and wishing him the best.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : June 16, 2011, 01:36:16 AM »

The cottonwoods are seeding.......

I have a tear in my eye.....yeah, cottonwoods.
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Have a WONDERFUL time Henry and congrats to Henry.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : June 16, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »

Photo taken of my two grandsons, Henry & Sam - This was taken last night at class night when the awards were given out and "Little Henry" was the recipient of over $125,000 in awards.  We are all so proud of him, that I just have to gloat a bit and as Mike Raburn said in an earlier post - Those Dam Cottonwoods, they make your eyes water every time.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #3 : June 16, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »

$125K??? That is a ton of award money. Congratulations to "Little Henry"
msm
: 211

« #4 : June 16, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »

Congratulations Henry -- and Little Henry ---  gotta note one thing --- That is a very bright  PURPLE [/color]
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : June 17, 2011, 01:24:52 AM »

Damn cottonwoods.

I agree with that AND $125K is a lot of cabbage for school.

He is set.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: