Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:45:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No St. Albans Messenger On Tuesday
« previous next »
: [1]
: No St. Albans Messenger On Tuesday  ( 3866 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 09, 2010, 08:33:30 AM »

I didn't get a Messenger on Tuesday, which is a rarity, since they always come through.  I checked at Rick's Pharmacy yesterday and the girl there told me that they did not get any Messengers there either.  I have been watching each day as there is the possibility of a story about a Fairfax Family that may be coming up shortly.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : December 09, 2010, 09:09:14 AM »

I got two Messengers Wednesday. Tuesday's and Wednesday's.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : December 09, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »

Henry     Unless their policy has changed, you ( or anyone else ) can stop in at the Nessenger Office on North Main Street and pick up an edition of this year's Messenger for any date, for the sale price , including Tuesday's I would think. Maybe someone passing through the City can do that for you.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : December 09, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »

I am headed out to St. Albans tomorrow, so will probably do that.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : December 10, 2010, 08:20:02 AM »

Mike Cain - Were there any big stories in Tuesday's Messenger?  If so I will stop in and pick one up today when I go to the City.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : December 11, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »

Paper delivery driver faces DUI charges

Anchorage Daily News

(12/09/10 21:58:13)
CHUGIAK -- A newspaper delivery driver faces a pair of drunken driving charges after operating two vehicles Thursday morning in Chugiak while intoxicated, Anchorage police said.

Clifford Johnson, 54, who delivers newspapers under a contract with the Daily News, was charged after an officer responded to South Birchwood Loop and Spruce Crest Drive to a report of a truck stuck in a ditch about 6:45 a.m.

As Officer John Butler pulled up, he saw Johnson moving newspapers from the truck to a red Chevrolet Blazer parked in the street, police said. Another driver offered to pull Johnson's truck out of the ditch, and Johnson jumped in the Blazer to move it out of the way, police said.

Butler noticed Johnson dropping newspapers on the ground, and Johnson seemed to have trouble dialing numbers on his mobile phone, police said. When Butler approached him, the officer noticed alcohol on his breath.

Johnson performed field sobriety tests and gave a breath sample that registered above the legal limit for operating a vehicle, police said.

Both vehicles were impounded, and Johnson's bail was set at $250.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: