Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:25:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Temps Dip To -8.3 Here On The Fletcher Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Temps Dip To -8.3 Here On The Fletcher Road  ( 2804 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 10, 2010, 08:43:56 AM »

Well, definitely the coldest so far this season - Temperature dipped to 8.3 degrees below zero - Of course I haven't been out yet, but checking the smoke over at Larry Youngs place, looks like it is now blowing lightly from the South - Going to take a trip to St. Albans today.

Had to buy a new battery for Maryann's wheel chair lift.  I use it whenever I buy something a little heavy, so I don't have to lift it, but when I went to recharge the battery last week, it wouldn't take a charge.  The battery costs about $70 and since I don't use it that much, I guess I should keep it in the house where it is warm in the winter.

Also, its time to get my Christmas Haircut.

I am going to try and make sure I check to see if Marion Eastman has got anything going at the proposed bakery.  Have been up there several times, but always forget to check.  I was talking to Mary Kay last night about ordering some Meat Pies for Christmas.  I used to make them, but Maryann used to give the filling the taste test, so they always came out good.  Mazza's Bakery in Mallets Bay makes good ones as does Food City also.  Actually did get some good ones at Hannafords also.  I don't like them too spicy or with too much onion.

Christmas shopping went well, except some poor old guy was leaving Walmart's, dropped something and stopped to pick it up, however, the person behind him with a cart didn't stop - Moral of the story here is if you drop something, make sure you check behind you before you stoop to pick it up.  All clerks were extremely nice.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : December 10, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »

Beat Anchorage.
We have not been below -8 yet.

We did have -10 in Palmer on Thursday. That was MY temp at the job trailer. Nothing official of course.
Palmer don't count though......because it is, well, Palmer.
cakelady
: 43

« #2 : December 11, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »

Henry,
Things are progressing with the bakery. Should see some sheetrock going up early next week. We are hoping to open sometime in January. It's nice to hear that so many are as excited as we are!
Yvonne Eastman
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : December 11, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »

I peeked in yesterday when I went to the Post Office and saw some sheetrock stacked up - Most likely anytime I go up to the ATM I will be peeking in through the front window. - Thanks Yvonne

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: