Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:43:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Clint Paquin's Sister Dies At Age 88
« previous next »
: [1]
: Clint Paquin's Sister Dies At Age 88  ( 2045 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 20, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »

OBITUARY: Hilda Elizabeth LaBombard

DATELINE:  Isle La Motte / Bennington, Vermont

Hilda Elizabeth LaBombard, age 88 years, died Thursday November 17, 2011, at the Centers for Living and Rehabilitation in Bennington with loving family at her side.

A native of Highgate Center, Hilda lived much for her life within the community of Isle La Motte and in 2003, in order to be closer to family, she moved to Bennington.

Born in Highgate Center, Vermont on August 23, 1923, she was the daughter of the late Ambrose and Florence (Gilbert) Paquin. She attended Highgate schools and on October 7, 1945, was married to Maynard LaBombard who predeceased her on February 15, 1984 following 38 years of marriage.

In Isle la Motte she was a faithful parishioner of Saint Joseph's Roman Catholic Mission and belonged to the Ladies of Saint Anne. She also was a volunteer for Island Safety, worked many years in the Franklin / Grand Isle Foster Grandparent Program at the Isle la Motte School, served as past president of the local PTO and was a member of the Island in the Sun Senior Citizens. While living in Bennington she attended Saint John the Baptist Church and was a member of the Bennington Senior Citizens.

Hilda leaves three daughters, Rebecca LaForest and husband Wayne of Bennington, Pamela Houlihan and husband Thomas of North Bennington and Joyce Anne LaBombard of Hyde Park; two brothers, Burton Paquin Sr. and his wife Celia of Swanton, Clinton Paquin and wife Pauline of Saint Albans and a sister, Theresa Gearty of Norwood, Mass; six grandchildren; seven great grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.

In addition to her parents and husband, Hilda was also predeceased by several brothers and sisters.

The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be celebrated Tuesday, November 22, 2011, at 11 a.m. from Saint Joseph's Roman Catholic Mission, Main Street, Isle La Motte. Father Lawrence P. Ridgley will be the celebrant and homilist. The Rite of Committal and Interment will follow in the LaBombard family lot in Saint Joseph's Cemetery.

Friends may call at Saint Joseph's Mission on Tuesday from 10 a.m. until the hour of the service.

In lieu of flowers it is requested that gifts in Hilda's memory be made to the, Alzheimer's Association, Vermont Chapter, 300 Cornerstone Drive, Williston 05495

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: