Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:46:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  New library entrance beginning 8/27
« previous next »
: [1]
: New library entrance beginning 8/27  ( 3224 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : August 07, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »

Fairfax Community Library:

Beginning Tuesday, August 27th, the public will have a new entrance to the library. The new entrance door is in the main high school lobby on the right side. 

Additionally, the public will no longer be able to enter the school through the library.  If you need access to the school, please use the main school entrances.
Help us by not asking to be buzzed in from the library!  Thank you.

This change is part of an effort by the school board to increase safety for students. If you have any questions about this transition, please contact the principals, Michael Clark or Tom Walsh.
« : August 08, 2013, 10:59:09 AM Fairfax Librarian »
Cat

« #1 : August 07, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »

So will you have to go in the high school entrance & get buzzed in to go to the library? Use the school hallway door?
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #2 : August 07, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »

You will not have to be buzzed in - in the lobby of the high school entrance on the right before the buzzer is the new library entrance.
Cat

« #3 : August 07, 2013, 03:29:51 PM »

OK, thanks.
mirjo
: 785

« #4 : August 10, 2013, 12:20:50 PM »

Has there been some issue no one knows about as I'm not exactly sure how this is creating greater safety for students?

I think daily community traffic into the library should be at a separate entrance than the school. I don't understand the need for the change or how this has any affect on student safety, unless there is some kind of monitoring system in the vestibule that is being utilized? That's  about  the only thing regarding the library entrance that would relate to student safety--having it monitored.

As for the public entering the school through the library...NO ONE is supposed to anyway! If staff are breaking policy by opening the door for people who ask, then why is it the public's fault?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Cat

« #5 : August 10, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »

I see it as not a big deal. The entrance is just on the other side now.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: