Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:52:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Why Do Students Fake Bomb Threats??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Why Do Students Fake Bomb Threats??  ( 3188 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 05, 2009, 06:44:08 AM »

A seventeen year old student has confessed to typing a bomb threat note on a school typewriter and bringing it to the office and saying he found it in the bathroom.  I am wondering just why would a student do such a thing that effects so many people??

You can read an account of it on The Burlington Free Press by clicking on the following link:

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : June 08, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »

I really don't know what compells students to do things like this.  When I was in high school, 4 guys in my class decided to call in a bomb threat - in part because they thought we would get a day off school, and in part because I think they were bored and occassionally looked for mischief.

The actually called in the threat from the pay phone in the main hallway/school entrance across from the main office of the high school.  I guess they thought they would work on their teamwork, since one guy had the initial idea, one guy came up with what to say, one guy dialed the phone, and the fourth verbalized the threat.

To summarized the outcome, the entire student body (about 600 students) spent about 4 hours crowded into the school bus garage and on buses while cops did searches, etc.  Nobody went home early, and the four pranksters found themselves with criminal records that will follow them the rest of their lives.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: