Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:27:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Wolcott Volunteer Fire Fighter Canned
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wolcott Volunteer Fire Fighter Canned  ( 4372 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 05, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »

I have Fire & Rescue Personnel go by my place on their way to calls and they seem to be driving safely.  Unfortunately, one time on my way to the village, I did not notice one behind me until I noticed an oncoming car stopped and wondered what the heck he was stopped for.  It was only when the Fire or Rescue volunteers vehicle passed me that I realized he had been behind me.  He had blinking lights but no siren.  Needless to say, he actually was driving safer than a lot of people up and down this road.  You can read the story on the Wolcott Volunteer Fire Fighter who was dismissed by clicking on the following article.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : February 05, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »

No excuses...he left an accident scene.  Regardless of the departments requirements for operation of trucks (the leaving with 2 firefighters on it), he broke the law.
He should have stayed with his vehicle and waited. 
On another note, my vehicle did/does have a light and a siren.  And whenever I repsonded to calls both were used.  Except for at night, I may have not needed to use either.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : February 06, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »

Relieving a volunteer of his position on a department might be necessary sometimes, but personally, I think that is an issue which should be handled internally.  NO press release necessary.  The press release is where public perception of the department comes into play.  Since funding for most departments is from the public, and how each member of the department behaves reflects on the department itself, the department may have decided (or was pushed to decide) that this individual should be let go. 
al brodeur
: 216

« #3 : February 08, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »

what a mistake . this whole problem should have been handled by the chief with no outside press involved I have belonged to a fire co here in Pa and the first thing is that the old procedure comes in "praise in public, censure in private" the publicity does not help the volunteer  fire co's at all  especially with memberships  declineing and more mandated training being required.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: