Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:43:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Heating Oil Pre-Buys
« previous next »
: [1]
: Heating Oil Pre-Buys  ( 2059 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 02, 2008, 08:29:23 AM »

Monday's St. Albans Messenger had the following article and prices on pre-buy plans in Monday's Edition.  Maryann and I thought about it and although the price is high, we decided to pre-buy 1000 gallons from S. B. Collins at $4.59

Its going to be a tough winter, that's for sure.  We use about 1000 gallons for the year which includes our heat and hot water:

Heating oil pre-buy plans up dramatically

ST. ALBANS — A check of pre-buy prices for home heating fuel in the St. AJbans area shows a startling increase in prices over last winter.

Under pre-buy programs, consumers lock in a price for home heating fuel purchases, generally for amounts of 500 gallons or more.

The approximate average pre-buy price last winter was $2.59 per gallon, about a dollar more per gallon than the previous winter.

A check with three local companies late last week showed that pre-buy prices are up at least $2 per gallon.

A survey of local prices shows that Ultramar offers a pre-buy rate of $4.89, Clarence Brown, $4.739. and S.B. Collins, $4.59.

At least one area company. Clarence Brown, is offering a budget program that offers some price protection. Consumers are encouraged to inquire about such possible plans when making arrangements for fuel oil purchases.

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : July 02, 2008, 11:07:01 PM »

Any idea what propane will be running this year?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: