Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:51:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Nancy (Howard) Hatch Dies At Age 77
« previous next »
: [1]
: Nancy (Howard) Hatch Dies At Age 77  ( 2720 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 03, 2013, 07:30:21 AM »

NANCY (HOWARD) HATCH

ROCKLEDGE, Fla. — Nancy (Howard) Hatch, 77, went to be with the Lord on Monday, Feb. 25, 2013. She went peacefully, surrounded by her son and her lifelong friend, in Hospice Care in Rockledge, Fla.

Nancy was born in St. Albans, the daughter of Malcolm and Beulah (French) Howard, and was raised in Fairfax where she graduated from Bellows Free Academy in 1953. She moved to Worcester, Mass., to attend Becker Junior College, graduating with an associates degree in business. Prior to starting a f amily, she worked for Devonshire Bank and Shawmut Bank in Worcester, Mass. Once her sons were grown, she worked as a municipal secretary for the Department of Public Works in Westborough, Mass. She retired from there in 1994, when her first granddaughter was born.

She was married to Richard I. Hatch in 1956, and raised two sons in Westborough, Mass. She leaves behind her sons, David and wife, Dawn, of Garden Ridge, Texas, and Douglas and wife, Dorothy “Dee,“ of Grafton, Mass.; granddaughters, Olivia and Abigail Hatch of Grafton, Mass.; and two stepgrandchildren, Michael Ashley and wife, Jessica, of Grafton, Mass., and Colton Chapman of Garden Ridge, Texas. She is also survived by her lifelong friend, Margaret “Peggy“ Wright of Melbourne, Fla.; cousin, Gordon French of Towanda, Pa.; several nieces, nephews, cousins and many dear friends.

Nancy was an exceptionally dedicated mother, grandmother and friend. She was very devoted to her churches, The First United Methodist Church of Westborough, Mass., and later, Georgiana United Methodist Church of Merritt Island, Fla. She and her husband, Richard, relocated to Melbourne, Fla., in 1998.

The family wishes to thank the Dr. Jey Pellai Center for Hospice Care at Wasdin Woods in Rockledge, Fla., for the wonderful and loving care they provided during her time with them.

There will be a memorial service at the church Nancy loved, Georgiana Methodist Church, 3925 S. Tropical Trail, Merritt Island, Fla., at 11 a.m., Saturday, March 9, 2013. Interment will be in Pine Grove Cemetery in Westborough, Mass, at a later date. You may sign Nancy’s guest book at www.beckmanwilliamson. com.

The family requests that in lieu of flowers gifts may be made to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, P.O. Box 849168, Boston, MA 02284 or via www.dana-farber.

org/gift.

Visit burlingtonfreepress.com/obituaries to express condolences and sign the guest book.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : March 03, 2013, 09:25:05 AM »

For those of you new in town, Malcolm and Beulah Howard put up the Sears Roebuck House, now known as Fairfax Associates In Medicine.  Malcolm Howard had a store in the apartment house next door to The Fairfax Historical Society.

Henry Raymond
bnelli6
: 22

« #2 : March 03, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »

Mr Howard had a grocery store for many years..the building was/is across the street from Ross's gas station. Mrs. Howard taught first grade for many years. She was my first grade teacher. She also was a beautiful seamstress, made dresses for her daughters. As the girl grew out of the dresses I was lucky to get them.
In later years Mrs. Howard had a flower shop in St. Albans.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: