Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:43:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Light Is On At A W Rich For Hilma
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Light Is On At A W Rich For Hilma  ( 1873 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 05, 2012, 02:47:27 PM »

Hilma J. Davis

Westford, Vermont - Hilma Johanna Davis, 90 passed away at the Franklin County Rehab Center in St. Albans, Vermont on Friday May 4, 2012. She was born in Stoughton, MA on November 10, 1921 daughter of the late John V. and Helma (Grier) McCarthy.

Hilma was a very kind, gentle and generous person who made friends easily. She liked to garden, travel, take walks, and enjoyed all of nature. She lived in most of the New England states, as well as Florida and Georgia. Prior to the start of her declining health, she spent the winters in Georgia and summers in Vermont.

A poem she kept dear explains her final wishes:

I would rather have been a little rose from the garden of a friend, than have the choicest flowers when my stay on earth shall end.

I would rather have the kindest words and a smile that I can see, than flattery when my heart is still and this life ceased to be.

I would rather have a loving smile from the friends I know are true than tears shed around my casket when the world I adieu.

She is survived by:

Her son Phillip Corson and his wife Stella of Westford, Vermont; Her daughter Joan-Marie Bachinger and husband Chris of Vilshofen, Germany.

One grandson Jonathan Opitz, sister-in-law Ruth McCarthy, stepson Harvard (Dave) Davis and wife Irene, stepdaughter Barbara Edgar and husband Bart, and many nieces, nephews, step-grandchildren, and friends.

She was also predeceased by husbands Alvin Corson and John Davis, brothers John and Charlie, stepsister Polly, and several aunts and uncles.

The family would like to thank the outstanding staff at Franklin County Rehab Center for their wonderful care and compassion provided to Hilma in the last few years of her life.

As per Hilma’s wishes no services are planned. Inurnment will be private and at the convenience of the family. Memorial contributions in Hilma’s memory may be made to the Salvation Army or Franklin County Rehab Center. A full biography and guestbook maybe viewed by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: