Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:06:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Vt State Troopers Must Be In Pretty Darn Good Shape
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vt State Troopers Must Be In Pretty Darn Good Shape  ( 5224 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 25, 2010, 08:00:44 AM »

Was watching the news last night and I think I understood it right, but sounds like only about 4% pass their physical requirements.  It doesn't look like you can just stop in and apply without having followed a pretty good rugged physical training program for some time before that.  Those Guys & Gals must have to spend some gym time also after they get hired.  I was quite impressed.  The link below shows some of the physical tests they are put through:

« : April 25, 2010, 11:52:46 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
ansbaker
: 36

« #1 : April 25, 2010, 09:50:23 AM »

AND girls....
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 25, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »

Sorry about that, especially since I have been well trained with 4 women in my house.  It was quite obvious to me when I watched the video that the girls certainly can hold their own.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : April 28, 2010, 12:36:37 AM »

MEOW
cedarman
: 370

« #4 : May 03, 2010, 09:52:31 AM »

I think it's great to see women in "non-traditional" roles holding their own, especially when they must meet the same physically criteria.  Double standards exist on both sides of the equation, both against and in favor of women. 
I wonder it the state police require women to meet the same physical standards, or if they have separate male and female requirements? 
The awesome woman in my life is against any double standards in physical requirements, especially when the physical aspect is important to the job (military, police, fire, etc).  She works hard to ensure she exceeds the men's requirements.
special ED

« #5 : May 03, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »

like I said .if women would just stay home and out of the job market their would not be an unemployment problem
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : May 04, 2010, 08:44:25 PM »

Yes, there are separate standards for men and women in the physical fitness standard not just in the State Police but State wide for every Police department.

There are also separate standards for the military.

Police standards in VT.

http://www.vcjtc.state.vt.us/PT.htm
« : May 04, 2010, 09:04:14 PM Henry »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : May 06, 2010, 02:13:51 AM »

When I was over seas in the Navy, I had to pay more for the womens with handcuffs....
Modern times, I just have bad timing....
: [1]  
« previous next »
: