Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:36:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Burn Permits
« previous next »
: [1]
: Burn Permits  ( 2464 )
Fireman David
: 41

« : May 14, 2013, 01:44:36 PM »

The Burn Ban has been lifted.

We are issuing burn permits, on a case-by-case basis.

Even though we did receive some much needed rain, burning large piles of brush, or burning in close proximity to the woods still carry a risk of starting an unintended, uncontrolled brush fire.

Burn Permits can be acquired by calling the Fire Station between 8am-4pm Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri and 1pm-7pm on Tuesdays. 849-6075

You can also call Fire Warden Duane Leach on weekends and weekday afternoons at 849-6174

When burning please remember these safety tips,

It is a safe practice to keep a garden hose, or other sufficient water source readily available to quickly extinguish any unintentional fires that might occur.

We do recommend that once you have enjoyed the camp fire, make sure it is completely out before retiring to your house for the night.

Use the water source that was standing by as a safeguard to wet down the fire pit, and surrounding area to ensure that the fire will not re-kindle overnight, and burn out of control.

I hope this information is helpful,
Enjoy and be safe
: [1]  
« previous next »
: