Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:33:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Farewell Party For Father Rome Sunday At 12:30 PM
« previous next »
: [1]
: Farewell Party For Father Rome Sunday At 12:30 PM  ( 2209 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 26, 2008, 08:07:42 AM »

Yes, our wonderful Father Rome is leaving - He is truly a wonderful man and will be missed by all of us.

Father has learned to eat many different foods since he has been here in Fairfax and whenever a new food would be placed on the table at our Senior Luncheon, he would always ask what it was and everyone around him would give him their idea of how it should be eaten.

Perhaps the thing that Father Rome enjoyed the most as far as food goes at the Senior Luncheon was Marion Eastman's warm homemade rolls - Our Treasurer, Jim Young always made sure Father would leave the luncheon with a few.

After each service, Father always made a point of thanking those who helped him, not as a group, but by name.  Besides giving these parishioners special attention for their assistance, it also allowed many of us to also learn the names of parishioners we did not know.

Father was not beyond trying anything new - Even to riding a motorcycle with Steve Minor.  The photo above does not show his beautiful smile, which he always had and the wonderful feeling you got as his enjoyment of being a priest always showed through.

Maryann always enjoyed his frequent visits at the house and we will both miss him, but what is our loss is a gain for the Ludlow and Proctorsville Parishes.

Good Luck in your new parish Father Rome.
« : June 26, 2008, 08:36:49 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 26, 2008, 08:41:33 AM »

Forgot to say where the party will be - It will be downstairs at St. Luke's Church.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: