Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:40:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Please Be Sensitive To The Families Involved
« previous next »
: [1]
: Please Be Sensitive To The Families Involved  ( 4481 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 25, 2010, 10:13:44 AM »

I am sure that within a short time the names of the individuals involved in the beating of Andy Naylor will be announced by the media - I believe that the names will be family members of quite a few people here in town and I try to be very sensitive to that and ask you to do the same.

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : January 25, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »

Henry - We are sensitive to what is going on as you know information is powerful. 

On the previous posting, in my opinion there were only well wishes being communicated along with a debate over a Fairfax Police Department need.  Even then, someone felt that topic was "too personal" for the family of one person.  My God, we need to discuss what is happening for everyone's best interest.  On that post NO ONE said ANYTHING to hurt any member of that family. 

If there had been mean information going on, you know you would have stopped it because you have that power.  You have always been fair, this is information that will be discussed here where there is some kind of responsible and accountability or somewhere else where there is no accountability or responsibility. 

Shadylane08
: 125

« #2 : January 25, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »

I think living in the small community that we live in when something like this first happens everyone immediately has an opinon from the little information that is first giving, and judges all involved by this initial opinon, which is obviously what has happened so far with this unfortunate incident.  We all know this is very easy to do, but we also know it isn't the correct way to look at an unfortunate situation.  I just wish everyone would hold judgement on all involved untill the whole story would come out and then view it how you would like.
monte198
: 79

« #3 : January 25, 2010, 11:49:15 PM »

Shadylane 08,

well said.  As i read through the postings it is clear that opinions were formed from the article but not collaborated by the information that was present.  I am certain there were be a press release in the near future that will give insight into the motive of the crime. 
cedarman
: 370

« #4 : January 26, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »

I agree with Henry's request to be sensative to the FAMILIES of the thugs who perpetrated this violence on Andy.  After all, it's not fair to judge an entire family by the acts of one family member.  I have a brother whom I would not want people forming opinions about me based on HIS actions. (My reference here has nothing to do with anything here in town - my brother lives out of state).

However,  my curtesy and sensitivity only extends to the family, not the actual perpetrators of the violence.

Shadylane08
: 125

« #5 : January 26, 2010, 08:33:15 AM »

All I'm saying is becarefull to judge.  I think alot of people will be very surprised in this case what the "thugs" will be charged with.  I garantee everyone will think it is extremely light, and that is the whole story hasn't been told.  I am in no way saying what was done was right, and my heart goes out to andy naylor and his family, and I hope he has a speedy recovery.
mirjo
: 785

« #6 : January 26, 2010, 11:26:21 PM »

I don't know anything about this situation except what I have read here and from what I have read, including Leon's article that Henry posted, Mr. Naylor was an informant for the police, which put him in a dangerous situation and ultimately got him beaten within inches of his life.

People become police informants by witnessing something of interest to the authorities by either accidently being in the wrong place at the wrong time or by being personally involved somehow and seeking a way out that's more beneficial to them than the alternative.

I'm not passing judgment on Mr. Naylor's circumstance, in no way do I feel he deserved to be beaten as he was. Whoever the other parties involved are, their actions do not reflect on their family, the same for Andy Naylor--whatever his involvement is, if anything, does not reflect on his family (unfortunately, the families of the individuals may feel differently).

I don't see where anything good is ever gained from hiding from unpleasant issues, because they're unpleasant and make people uncomfortable. Whatever else comes to light in this matter, I don't think anyone on this forum will hold this act of violence against the perpetrator's family. That's the same mentality as blaming the military for the war in Iraq. If I'm not mistaken, I think that wide spread irrational thought process disappeared after dissing the Vietnam Vets.

I'm in agreement with cederman, my sensitivity extends to the FAMILIES only, not the alleged attackers (nothing has been proven yet, so no one can be officially accused). You just don't beat people with a blunt object, stab them with a knife, or shoot them with a gun. These are  basic tenets of society that everyone knows.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: