Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 03:07:21 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Daryl & His Other Brother Daryl Out Sledding On The Interstate
« previous next »
: [1]
: Daryl & His Other Brother Daryl Out Sledding On The Interstate  ( 6602 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 05, 2010, 08:53:54 AM »

Vermont State Police say a 23-year-old Vermont man was driving on Interstate 89 in Williston around 1:15 Sunday morning while pulling a sled with a rider in it behind his vehicle. Police stopped the pair when they reportedly pulled over to take turns driving and riding.

This must make their parents so proud??

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=11763391

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : January 05, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »

Methinks his license was suspended for a good reason - as he obviously doesn't possess at least a marginal or minimal amount of common sense.  How scaary that must have been for who ever was behind them.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : January 05, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »

I guess I have to ask....why the interstate?  Aren't there enough other roads?  I know I'd love to go down French Hill (Rte.2) on a sled.  Just the climb back up that would be bad.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : January 06, 2010, 08:55:23 AM »

Good point NFB..there are sooo many back roads in this state, they could have done that all night and not been caught, but the interstate? Clearly, not our brightest.
As irresponsible as this was, I must confess that I think it's incredibly funny and the guy getting the ride in the sled must have had a blast. The driver is probably more PO'd that he missed out on his ride when they were busted than anything else, since he obviously doesn't care about laws!

Now, my responsible side can say: "At least no one was injured, someone could have been hurt if another car didn't see the sledder and hit him, it could have been a tragic situation all because of stupidity."

Sadly, it's often those people doing these kinds of stupid things that have the most fun in life. I guess everything is a trade off for one thing or other.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : January 06, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »

Imagine seeing them pass you.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
trussell
: 870

« #5 : January 06, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »

Although I wasn't part of it, I remember some VTC classmates snowboarding behind a car down route 66 in Randolph. From the video I saw, they had a great time!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #6 : January 06, 2010, 11:41:14 AM »

Is there anything not on the world wide web ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJpxWHKySY

Snowboarding behind cars from Latvia.
While I must admit I do not speak Latvian,
I bet he's saying "Slow down you dumpkoff".

There appear to be hundreds of videos from the U.S. too.

While the snowstorm was going on that night,
some folks were boarding behind cars on Hunt Street and jumping the piles.
It was very entertaining while I was shoveling (see Uncle Mike's site).

Until the Sheriff came along.
He didn't bother them though,
as they were doing no harm.

Thank you boarders, thank you FCSD,
and thank you, God, for Fairfax, Vermont.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
cakelady
: 43

« #7 : January 06, 2010, 03:30:27 PM »

What do you want to bet these guys were watching YouTube right before they thought this might be fun?
monte198
: 79

« #8 : January 06, 2010, 03:46:58 PM »

Along the lines of pulling a sled behind a car on the interstate.  A similar incident happened at BFA last weekend.  It was witnessed a young boy was being pulled behind a vehicle in a sled within the parking lot. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: