Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 03:43:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Milton Residents Surprised At Building Collapse
« previous next »
: [1]
: Milton Residents Surprised At Building Collapse  ( 5344 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 20, 2009, 07:39:12 PM »

Fox 44 showed a building that collapsed today in Milton.  It apparently was standing this morning but collapsed sometime today.  It is apparently in a development owned by Bill Sawyer.  Not sure of the location.  They just had a short segment on it with photos, but nothing on the web sites yet.  I won't try to make up details that I don't know about, but it looks like new lumber, so maybe it was a building they were putting up.   Don't mean to give you half a story, but thats all I heard in the 30 second segment.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : November 20, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »

I can't say I'm surprised.  Bill Sawyer is known for his shoddy workmanship and corner-cutting.  I know of two people that had major problems with homes/developments he put up.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
monte198
: 79

« #2 : November 20, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »

I drove by it earlier today.  Only one wall was standing, well half standing.  I heard it was suppose to be some kind of restaurant.
« : November 21, 2009, 08:47:44 AM Henry »
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : November 21, 2009, 02:28:41 AM »

I can't say I'm surprised.  Bill Sawyer is known for his shoddy workmanship and corner-cutting.  I know of two people that had major problems with homes/developments he put up.

That is tantamount to libel.

I have NI IDEA what the definition of "tantamount" is,,, but I like big words I need to spell check,.,,,,,,
Formerflatlander
: 67

« #4 : November 21, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »

Mike, you're in good shape with tantamount.  You used it correctly along with the spelling.  Trevor would only be in trouble if Mr. Sawyer could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he doesn't cut corners or build shoddy buildings.  Which in this case may prove a little difficult for him.  Great job with the big grown up words!!!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : November 22, 2009, 01:23:05 AM »

I knock on wood when I hear of structure failer, and it wasn't my company!

Bad press is bad press. but this is a forum,.

So what is said here is left here..............................

No liable....
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : November 22, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »

Yup!!  It was going to be a restaurant and still is, expected to open in January - Milton does not have a history of too many successful restaurants for some reason - I think McDonald's is still the top place to eat there.  The new restaurant is apparently being built by the co-owner of Henry's Diner in Burlington, so it might stand a chance of succeeding as Henry's Diner has been around for years and back in the old days anyhow, they did have very good reasonable food.  For more on this click on the following link:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20091122/NEWS02/911220308/1007/Building-frame-collapses-in-Milton

For those of you that may have never heard of Henry's Diner on Bank Street in Burlington, I have placed a link below:

http://www.henrysdiner.net/index.html
« : November 22, 2009, 08:58:43 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #7 : November 22, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »

I used to love Henry's diner!  Many happy memories of that place, and the waitresses always called me, "Honey, Hun, Sweetie, or Dear."
msm
: 211

« #8 : November 22, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »

Henry's Was fantastic --- I ate many many meals there ---   Glad to hear it's in Business !!

Mike
Henry
Administrator

« #9 : November 22, 2009, 05:51:19 PM »

I used to go up there at noon to pick up my boss and his bookkeeper's dinners - He used to tell me, take the Caddy - The Caddy was a Salmon Colered Convertible - As much as I hated to I did and sometimes of course I would have to drive up Church Street because of the traffic - Oh Well!!

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #10 : November 23, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »

I knock on wood when I hear of structure failer, and it wasn't my company!

Bad press is bad press. but this is a forum,.

So what is said here is left here..............................

No liable....

Mike, did you mean libel as in defamation of character  via written word or liable as in legally responsible? It could go either way with what you have here. Just want to be clear in situations like this. Bill Sawyer has a certain reputation and he has his supporters. However, sometimes it's unclear where the line is drawn. ;-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: