Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:48:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mother Of Regina Meigs Dies At Age 84
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mother Of Regina Meigs Dies At Age 84  ( 1679 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 25, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »

RITA TATRO

MONTGOMERY CENTER - Rita Tatro, age 84, widow of Howard "Manny" Tatro, passed away Monday evening, April 23, 2012, in the Northwestern Medical Center in St. Albans. She was born July 21, 1927, in Montgomery, the daughter of the late Edward and Eva (Roberts) Potvin. Rita was a lifelong resident of Montgomery and a member of St. Isidore's Catholic Church and the Ladies of St. Theresa and St. Ann Societies. She worked as a cook at the Montgomery Elementary School and Jay Peak Ski Resort prior to opening the Wagon Wheel Restaurant in Montgomery Center, which she operated from 1960 to 1965. She served as treasurer and secretary for the Montgomery Water Department for 30 years, retiring at the age of 79. Rita enjoyed gardening, fishing, hunting, sewing, making quilts, playing cards and was a member of the 500 card club. She is survived by her children, Carol Jean Brooks and her husband, Jim, of Myrtle Beach, S.C., Howard Tatro of Montgomery, Bruce Tatro and his partner, Michelle Pariseau, of Swanton, Regina Meigs and her husband, John, of Fairfax, and Cindy Dillingham of Keene, N.H.; 10 grandchildren; nine great- grandchildren; her sister, Theresa Perrin of Sebring, Fla.; her brother, George and Joyce Potvin of Halifax, Mass.; her sister-in-law, Phyllis Potvin of Plymouth, Mass.; and several nieces and nephews. Besides her parents and husband, Rita was predeceased by her infant sister, Theresa Potvin; and her brothers, Charles, Norman, James, John and Leonard Potvin. Funeral services will be held Friday, April 27, 2012, at 11 a.m. at St. Isidore's Catholic Church, 169 Mountain Rd., Montgomery Center, with Rev. Karl Hahr celebrating the Mass of Christian burial. Interment will follow in St. Isidore's Cemetery. Visiting hours will be held Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Spears Funeral Home, 96 Dickinson Ave., Enosburg Falls. Private messages of condolences may be sent to Rita's family online through www.spearsfuneralhome.com. For those who wish, contributions in Rita's memory may be made to Franklin County Home Health Agency - Home Care Program, 3 Home Health Circle, St. Albans, VT 05478; or to the Montgomery Rescue Squad, P.O. Box 356, Montgomery Center, VT 05471.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: