Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:58:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Price Chopper Gas Discount Card
« previous next »
: [1]
: Price Chopper Gas Discount Card  ( 4977 )
Mummy
: 280

« : September 06, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »

Just like other states who gives you a discount on gas from what you purchase in their store, Price Chopper will also be offering this same service here in Vermont before the end of the year.  Down State is on board with this new discount card which gives you several "cents" off a gallon of gas.  It work out to be .10 cents for every $50 you spend at Price Chopper you will save on each gallon of gas!  What is nice about this feature is we all have favorite stores for certain items but if you purchase the general items at Price Chopper you will really bring home a big savings using this card.  Well, I am excited about this new card.  I think I will have to now carry my Price Chopper card with me instead of borrowing someone's card while in line!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 08, 2008, 07:20:36 AM »

I haven't been able to find any participating Sunoco Stations in Vermont.  Fox 44 said last night that there were 10 in Vermont, but they were in the Southern part of the state.  I have to go down to St. Albans today and will stop in at the Price Chopper there and see if they can give me some more details.  I do have an advantage card and although I don't shop at Price Chopper that much, might a little more.

My math may be wrong, but if you spend $50 and get 10 cents off on a gallon of gas and put in 20 gallons of gas you would save $2, or $4 on $100.  I find you have to pick and choose specials to come out ahead at Price Chopper over Hannafords, but everyone has a favorite grocery store.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #2 : September 08, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »

I've found the prices at Price Chopper higher than Hannafords.  I carry a shell card and food shop where I want.  I've manage to save a good deal of money using this card.  The best was is to be sure you pay it off every month otherwise it's not worth it. 
Discover also offers a cents off card but has a cut off of $1,000 worth of gas.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : September 08, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »

I stopped in at Price Chopper this morning and Customer Service told me they would start training their Associates regarding this in about a week.  Asked him if he knew of any Sunoco Stations in St. Albans or the surrounding area that would be participating and he told me that he did not have that information yet either.  Looks like we will have more details in about a week.

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #4 : September 08, 2008, 08:23:13 PM »

I agree with both of you that Hannafords is less expensive on everyday items.  Although we have found Price Chopper to have better selection of produce.  For me this will be a bonus because we do shop at both stores due to the produce selection.  I also buy several items when on sale at Price Chopper throught out the month.  As far as the identified gas stations, at this time they are located in Brattleboro and Manchester area of VT.   
: [1]  
« previous next »
: