Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:05:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Record Moose Taken By Woman From Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Record Moose Taken By Woman From Fairfax  ( 2860 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 06, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »

Archery record set last year broken by Miller's bull moose

NORTON - Pre-season scouting in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom paid off on the second morning of the state's archery moose hunt for Tammy Miller of Fairfax.

Using a compound bow, Miller last Wednesday took a 931 lb. bull moose with an antler spread of 53% inches while hunting in Norton with her husband, Eric.

Miller's huge bull topped the 919 lb. previous archery record moose taken last year by Kevin Rice.

"Five weekends of hard scouting enabled us to be hunting in an area with good moose trails and scrapes," said Miller in a statement released by the state fish and wildlife agency.  After being in the area for a few minutes Friday morning, we heard the bull raking branches not far away; but it seemed to be moving away. Eric raked some nearby branches with a moose scapula and called by mouth to imitate another bull moose. Fifteen minutes later the bull appeared about 15 yards away; presenting a nice shot."

"It was the hunting experience of a lifetime," she added.

Vermont's archery moose season began Oct. 1 and ends Oct. 7. The regular moose season is October 17-22.

''A total of 225 regular firearms moose season permits and 40 archery moose season permits were issued for Vermont's 2015 regulated moose hunt in order to sustain Vermont's moose population in balance with available habitat," said Cedric Alexander, Vermont's moose biologist. "Congratulations to Tammy Miller for a well-planned hunt and taking a new archery record Vermont moose."
« : October 06, 2015, 02:01:27 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : October 10, 2015, 03:47:36 AM »

Elodie Reed has an excellent story on Tammy & her husband Eric in Friday's St. Albans Messenger.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: