Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:44:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picures of the Day 5/9/09 and Blog-The Long Friday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picures of the Day 5/9/09 and Blog-The Long Friday  ( 2556 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : May 09, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »

Pictures of the Day May 9, 2009

Prying the driver's door open during the Mock Accident Drill Friday morning at BFA

Taking the roof off

Anthony with the car's new look for 2009

The new pit cart

THE LONG FRIDAY

Friday technically began Thursday night when Rex was sick again. He is much better now, but was on our minds all night Thursday night and all day Friday.
Friday morning started out with the mock accident drill over at school in front of all the high school students. It went very well. The students were well behaved through the whole thing. I was trying to play firefighter and photographer at the same time. I took a bunch of photos, but tried to stay out of the guys' way while they were working. One person was processed for DUI and the other person was "dead on the scene". The guys had to pry doors open and cut the roof off the car to simulate what really would happen in an accident of that nature.
I had planned to mow the lawn Saturday afternoon, but THAT'S out now that it's raining. At some point I will put a bunch of pictures into the photo gallery, and post selected ones in the Current News and Events.
Around noon Friday, it was off to Malta, NY and the season opener for the ASCS Patriot Sprint series. They usually run a lot of races in western NY and that area. We weren't the only ESS team to show up.  Steve Poirier, Alain Bergeron, Michael Parent, all from Quebec were there, along with Tommy Wickham, Cory Sparks, Jessica Zemken, Warren Alexsen, and Mike Stelter.
The car looks sharp for '09, yes?
Different style of doing things with the Patriots. In the heats, you get passing points for the cars you pass and points for where you finish. Long story short, top eight in points from the heats redraw for the A-Main. Anthony was 7th in points after the heat-started 9th, finished 4th-and drew the outside pole.
We had an hour rain delay after the sprints finished their heats. Once it stopped raining, they worked on the track, and the show continued. They ran the Sportsman feature before the sprint A-Main, and they smoothed and hardened the track like asphalt. Little to no grip. Anthony started trying to find grip, anywhere he could, but fell back. He was running 11th with 3 laps to go when the motor suddenly quit. He was able to get out of the way, and ended up 20th. Not sure what happened, be it the ignition or fuel pump quit, or what.
Because of the rain delay, we headed out late and I got home around 4:30am. There is a small bit of light off in the east, and at 4:30am, the birds are already doing their "Good Morning Sunshine" song that birds sing at sunrise.
Didn't update, but crawled into bed.
Check Henry's Current News and Events later Saturday afternoon for more pictures from the mock accident drill.
And on Friday, I checked on the baby robin, and could hear it chirping.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: