Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:19:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Still Plenty Of Time For You To Clean Up The Grill
« previous next »
: [1]
: Still Plenty Of Time For You To Clean Up The Grill  ( 1880 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 29, 2011, 08:24:06 AM »

Well, I was hungry for some steak off the grill, so yesterday I went out to the garage and took the grates off, as well as the covers over the burners and the catch tray on the bottom.  I scraped all the grease and crap off and threw it in the garbage, then put them in the kitchen sink with some dawn dish liquid and cleaned them all up, then put them through the dishwasher.

After they were all clean, I put them back on the grill and I do have to say, I wasn't out in the garage that long, but I thought I would freeze to death.  Went down to the village at Steeples and looked through the steaks.  Although I could have gotten one of the more expensive steaks, I settled on a nice 1.39# Chuck Steak. 

When I got home, I decided right then and there, I was not going to be cooking any steak out on the grill in that temperature, so I did it in my broiler on the stove.  Don't know about you, but even though I turned on the exhaust fan on turbo before I even turned on the broiler and put the steak in, sure enough, about 7 minutes into the broiling time away go the smoke alarms.

I have given some thought to getting a new installation that would notify the Fire & Rescue, since I live alone, but I am sure they would be up here every time I used the broiler, so not sure if I will end up doing that or not.

By the way, that Chuck Steak was absolutely delicious and I ate the whole thing - I guess I probably should have had some veggies with it, but I treated myself to a nice steak, cooked just the way I like it and will check out the balanced meal on another day.

Meanwhile, the grill is ready, whenever spring & summer does arrive, but as I look at it snowing outside, that won't be today.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : March 31, 2011, 05:42:30 AM »

In my last place, I didn't have benefit of a hood and fan, so the smoke alarm went off frequently--they worked well, I will say, because sometimes it was only the steam from a boiling pot on the stove that seemed to set them off. If Broiling or baking, just opening the oven door set off the alarm.  It would happen multiple times cooking one meal. My landlord came down one time to see if everything was okay it had gone off so many times. (I probably should have said, "Put  an exhaust fan in and a lot of this could be avoided!") It was excessive and not my cooking, I might add! ;-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: