Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:17:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Kudos to Fairfax PO
« previous next »
: [1]
: Kudos to Fairfax PO  ( 3360 )
Sue W.
: 167

« : August 20, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »

Last week, I mailed a thank you note from my work place which is on the Fairfax postal route.  I didn't have the address section completed (because I didn't kow it!) and intended to find out before I mailed it.  Work got busy,and I forgot all about my incomplete information...  I told the person I was mailing it to what I had done, and sent a second note.  She recieved the second note, and a day later received the first note!  All I had on it was her name, the street name, and Georgia.  I didn't have the state or zip because I was unsure which post office served that section of Georgia.  Anyway, to make a long story short, so often the postal service receives some harsh critcism, and I was totally amazed by this, and I think they deserve a huge thank you!  Thank you very much Fairfax postal crew!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 20, 2010, 08:01:33 AM »

Recently I received a lot of mail addressed to Fairfax, because that is indeed the town I live in, but receive my mail from Cambridge.  Not a word from our Fairfax Post Office, except a daily envelope with the cards addressed to me inside that envelope addressed to me at my Cambridge address.  Truly a very nice group of people.

I remember a few years ago when there was a different postmaster, he would hold the mail so he could admonish you for not having your correct address out to the people sending it - Needless to say, that admonishment did not go well with Maryann as she not so patiently explained to him that we do indeed live in the Town of Fairfax, plus a few other choice words.

Thank God things have changed - These girls do a great job.

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #2 : August 20, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »

I was really impressed.  Georgia is served by 3 PO's, and the one for my intended letter lived in the Milton PO's service area.  So many times we hear negative things about the postal service, and I just thught I should mention what a great job they did with my minimally addressed letter!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: