Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:34:28 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thanks Ed Roupe and Mary Kay, You Saved The Day For Me
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thanks Ed Roupe and Mary Kay, You Saved The Day For Me  ( 3240 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 31, 2013, 07:16:53 AM »

Ed Roupe & Mary Kay saved the day for me yesterday.  Mary Kay had stopped at the house to see if I needed anything in St. Albans and just before she left decided she needed to go to the bathroom.  She walked in the bathroom and stepped into a puddle of water.  Apparently one of the connection pipes had the plastic connector split under the sink and it was squirting water all over underneath the vanity.

I went down cellar and it was overflowing all over the cellar floor, so I shut the main shutoff off and Mary Kay grabbed some big bath towels and sopped up the water and put the towels in the shower.  I keep a wet dry vac down cellar so Mary Kay went down stairs and vacuumed up the water on the floor.

I went back up stairs and looked up Ed Roupe’s number and gave him a call.  I got his voice mail and left a message.  He called me back in about five minutes and told me he would be right down.  This is the second or third time I have had to call him for a leak that has cropped up.  The last time, it was the air tank on my furnace.

Been lucky so far as he has always been available.  I took a couple of photos of the part that split and sprung a leak.  Ed checked my other bathroom to see if that one had a plastic or metal connector as he replaced this one with a metal connector.  Have no idea what caused this to break or how long it has been there.

Mary Kay was going to pick me up a rib eye steak for supper, but after all the excitement, decided I would take a couple of Fenway Franks and hot dog rolls out of the freezer and let it go at that.

Thanks Ed, Appreciate the quick service.

The plastic screw on connector at the top is what split for no good reason and caused the massive leak very suddenly.  Good thing Mary Kay had to go to the bathroom and I was home. As my mother always used to say, it could have been much worse.

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : May 31, 2013, 08:20:01 AM »

Im just glad you called me first
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : May 31, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »

While I was cleaning up the floor I was yelling out the bathroom "Go call Ed!" :-)

Thanks Ed for the quick response! ~MK

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Trekr
: 140

« #3 : May 31, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »

Ed seems like a very capable willing repairman. Fairfax is fortunate to have a guy like him in the area
Razzle Dazzle

« #4 : June 05, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »

Kudos go out to Ed...and Mary Kay too.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: