Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:02:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sat Sept 28: Workshop - Finding Your Civil War Ancestors
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sat Sept 28: Workshop - Finding Your Civil War Ancestors  ( 1986 )
rwing180
: 98

« : September 26, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »

Finding Your Civil War Ancestors

This Saturday Bruce Frail, a veteran Civil War researcher from Rhode Island, will be in Vermont to conduct a 2-hour workshop about locating Civil War service & pension records at the National Archives (NARA).

His talk starts at 10:30 at the VT Genealogy Library in Fort Ethan Allen. He will discuss what records are available at NARA, what they provide and how to locate them - both in Washington and online.  Frail serves as the Chairman of the National Committee for Graves Registration and is the founder of the research group, “American Civil War Ancestor.”

This class is $10.00. Classes are held at the Vermont Genealogy Library located on Hegeman Ave, Fort Ethan Allen, Colchester, across from the State Police Building.

For more information contact # 802-310-9285
: [1]  
« previous next »
: