Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:47:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Terrible Tragedy - What Would You Do??
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Terrible Tragedy - What Would You Do??  ( 2121 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 18, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »

Hi All,

The death of a young Swanton man caused by a drunken driver going the wrong way on I89 at Colchester is certainly a terrible tragedy and I wonder just what I would have done had I been the driver of the Northbound vehicle about to be hit by a car coming the wrong way on the Interstate - It certainly should be a wake-up call to anyone who drinks and drives - The way I understand it to have happened is that the Drunk Driver must have gotten on where you normally get off I89 when you are Northbound, to either go to Costco or Winooski.  Not sure just where he hit the car with the young man that was killed, but am assuming it is between the Williston Road Exit and the Colchester Exit.

I am sure the Southbound car had to be pretty close to the driver of the Northbound car before he realized it was actually headed towards him, as it is something you just don't expect.  According to reports, the Northbound car tried to drive into the median to avoid him, but failed.  A terrible, terrible tragedy.

Below are some links to several different write-ups on the accident:

« : November 18, 2007, 09:08:19 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: