Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:17:23 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Very Good Senior Meal By Pierre & His Staff At Steeple Market
« previous next »
: [1]
: Very Good Senior Meal By Pierre & His Staff At Steeple Market  ( 1421 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 19, 2012, 03:28:18 PM »

We had drum sticks, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, tossed salad, apple juice along with some delicious homemade rolls.  For dessert we had a delicious chocolate chip cake - We had 40 people attend.  I believe we have been ordering for 45 people, but fortunately we have not run out of food, although I am sure it is bound to happen one of these days.  Amazing how we do not have the same people come every time, but the count remains between 40 & 45.

A group of lobbyist were looking for a donation from us, but I spoke up and a number of the Seniors agreed with me that we are not a profit making organization and if we did have some extra money to give someone, there certainly are some more deserving organizations.  The vote was taken by Elaine Kirkpatrick and the majority felt that we should not give them a donation.

A special thanks to Mildred Warren and Maryann Zeno, plus a group of dedicated seniors who help serve the meals each week and also help pick up.  We have one Senior who brings pickles each week also along with a young lady who comes and volunteers to set up and serve the food.  I would try to name those that help, but might cause some hard feelings by forgetting to mention someone.

Many thanks to Pierre and the Steeple Market for providing us with this senior meal that seniors only pay $4 for - Strangely enough, never hear a complaint on the food from these seniors which is amazing in itself, as I suspect they could be a pretty picky group

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: