Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:25:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former Para Educator At BFA Fairfax Dies After Battle With COPD
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former Para Educator At BFA Fairfax Dies After Battle With COPD  ( 2170 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 25, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »

Roberta Jean Voegele

• Saint Albans

Roberta Jean Voegele died at home after a yearlong battle with congestive heart failure and COPD. She was born in East Saint Louis, Illinois in 1943, while her father was in Europe with the US Army. At the end of World War II, her father's career moved the family to San Diego, Phoenix, Kansas City and Chicago. After graduating from the University of Missouri she moved to Staten Island, NY and worked as a social worker for the NYC Department of Social Services where she met her husband in 1969. In 1971, she and her husband moved to Vermont. Vermont became her "lifelong home". A place she loved and vowed never to leave.

Roberta worked for the Vermont Department of Social Welfare for several years and then left employment to raise her daughter, Rebecca. When Rebecca entered school, Roberta worked in real estate for a number of years and then became a substitute teacher working at City Elementary, BFA- Saint Albans and BFA - Fairfax as a para-educator. She herself having a number of medical problems including renal disease and depression was devoted to working with students who also had handicaps. She always recognized their individual potentials and encouraged them to never lose faith in themselves and their abilities.

Roberta is survived by her husband, Albin, their daughter, Rebecca and two brothers and four sisters, their spouses and children - her nieces and nephews and grand nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents Joan and Robert Farrow.

On Saturday, October 10th, between the hours of 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM, Roberta's friends are welcome to gather in her memory to be with one another at her home, located at 292 French Hill Road, Saint Albans, VT. Her ashes will be interred on her beloved French Hill.

Those wishing to express their sympathy may make a contribution to a charity of their choice or consider Roberta's favorite charities, Northwest Family Food, 5 Lemnah Drive, Saint Albans, VT 05478 and the Franklin County Animal Rescue, 30 Sunset Meadows, Saint Albans, VT 05478.

Messages of condolence to the Voegele family are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: