Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:32:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Know Your Baby Sitter
« previous next »
: [1]
: Know Your Baby Sitter  ( 9835 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 10, 2009, 07:54:45 AM »

A Swanton man has admitted to police that he punched a two-month old baby in the head leaving her with serious injuries.

Police say Thomas West, 46, was babysitting child when the incident happened on September 3.  It sure is a different world out there.  I can't possibly imagine someone punching a two month old baby in the head.  I am sure more to the story will come out as to how familiar the parents were with the baby sitter.  To read more on the story, click on the link below:

http://www.fox44now.com/global/story.asp?s=11104994

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : September 10, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »

it's times like these, that we want to let the emotional side of us take over and just ACT.  Like how I feel at the moment:

Like just by looking at this guy , and how there's not an ounce of remorse on his face, and how it makes me feel like punching HIM in the head ........ repeatedly until he suffers the same damage the infant did. 

It's for people and crimes like these i wish we still had 'burning at the stake' or ' stoning by community' as active forms of punishment.  OR just something that woudl actually deter criminals.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
dearon
: 233

« #2 : September 10, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »

I can tell just by looking at him that he's not someone I'd get to watch my children. To punch any defenseless child is unconscionable, I'm thinking I like the last entry from Loctavious
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : September 10, 2009, 10:32:35 AM »

Maryann and I have to consider outselves very lucky regarding baby sitters - We were fortunate enough to have Adolph & Kay Hoben, Maryann's parents living in the village and Edos & Mary Raymond, my parents, living just just above where I live now.  We rarely had to get any other baby sitters.

Maryann used to babysit, like a lot of the other young girls in town, when she was in high school.  Back in those days everybody knew everybody.

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #4 : September 10, 2009, 10:40:54 AM »

I agree completely.  I hate to be judgemental but, I don't think I'd let that guy watch my dog.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : September 10, 2009, 11:50:12 PM »

Loctavious

I will bet that justice will be served, convicts have a funny thing when it comes to people hurting kids and my guess he is that he is going to a place full of them!! I bet a Punch in the head is the very least that this guy will get in jail!! I can't say that I feel to bad about it either.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Sue W.
: 167

« #6 : September 11, 2009, 06:06:53 AM »

Very well stated.
Margie
: 156

« #7 : September 11, 2009, 07:37:19 AM »

According to Channel 3 news, he was the baby's grandfather.  So, I would assume the parents thought they did know their babysitter...
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : September 11, 2009, 07:51:37 AM »

You are right Margie:

"The 46 year old man pleaded not guilty to aggravated domestic assault in Vermont District Court in Burlington.

Police say on September 3, the baby's parents brought her to Fletcher Allen Health Care and it was determined that she had a fractured skull in two places on the side of her head.

West, who had been living with his son and daughter-in-law, caring for the baby, initially said he had no idea what happened to her.

Police say he came forward on Wednesday and said he dropped the baby, and later admitted he punched her.

According to court documents, West has a lengthy criminal background including six DUI'S and two prior aggravated assaults."

http://www.fox44now.com/global/story.asp?s=11104994

Henry Raymond
Lilone
: 81

« #9 : September 11, 2009, 11:30:42 AM »

Family or not, there are just some people you don't and should not trust and just by looking at him, he would be at the very top of my list until I was certain he was ok.
dearon

« #10 : September 11, 2009, 01:43:59 PM »

What happpened to the habitual offender law?  How many more times will this man walk free?  Time to send him packing off to jail, hopefully in another state!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #11 : September 12, 2009, 01:35:06 AM »

I wouldn't let him watch my corn grow.

dearon

« #12 : September 12, 2009, 06:37:29 AM »

Corn in Alaska?
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #13 : September 14, 2009, 01:51:27 AM »

It happens..

I bought some at the farmers market on Wednesday.

GOD BLESS AL GORE AND GLOBAL WARMING!!!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: