Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:06:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fairfax robberies
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Fairfax robberies  ( 27692 )
mnkarr
: 5

« #30 : August 08, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »

Being a landloard myself in town not sure I understand why you cannot evict them.  By law a tenent needs 90 days for just cause and 6o days for reasonable doubt.  And if the state or fed is paying there is a yearly inspection in order for the landlord to receive their money.  I'm sure the house would not pass.
dearon
: 233

« #31 : August 08, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »

It absolutely amazes me that when we moved to Fairfax 3 years ago, we were told of the houses and folks on Maple Street. I drive by there every day on my way to school just to reinforce to my childdren "If I ever catch you or one of your friends walking down this street or going to those houses, you will be ------------------". If I know that, why does the school, neighbors, police, community stand for it. Our tax $$$ are enabling this to happen. What is up with that? All kids go through kid stages I understand. BUT, there is no way in hell those homes are safe to live in the way they are taken care of. My understanding is they have tried for over 1 year to get them out. No luck. No one else will rent to them. What do you do. Cut off the free check and put them all to work. I feel terrible for the landlord. The deposit will never cover the damages. It sickens me that people would do this but what makes me even more irritated is that we let it happen. I also think there should be a zoning issue with vehicles being able to just sit there and rot. What an eye sore and what an awful example of life so close to school. This is strictly my opinion but as a neighbor I would be having a fit. I feel much better now and thanks for listening. Shelly

I have walked down Maple Street many times to get to the rec path, I've never had any problem with anyone on this street.  I don't think it's right to condemn the whole neighborhood for one or two individuals.  I don't know what or who you are talking about but there are legal ramifications for not paying your rent, get a lawyer and bring them to court.  The deposit NEVER covers the damages that is a given, doing a good background and credit check is the only way to protect yourself.    I've had to evict people and hiring an attorney is the best way, it expensive but it works. To sit by and allow something to happen that you don't approve of,  then you have no one to blame but yourself.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #32 : August 08, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »

I was told today that a trailer with a boat on it, parked on route 104, apparently was hooked onto and stolen.  Good idea if you have something on a trailer to lock the hitch so someone cannot just back up to it, hook it on to their trailer hitch and haul it away.

Remember, not everyone respects the fact that it is your property, not theirs.

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #33 : August 09, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »

I wish I could take a walk with you then because I get very uncomfortable down there.  There are only the 2 houses in question, not the whole street. Paying rent is not a problem either. The single mother makes more money than I do. All I am saying is this. " Clean up" those 2 houses and people would be a lot happier. They are way too close to school for these young kids to get caught up in that. I understand rumors are rumors but in this case, facts are facts.  I personally do not like what I see nor do I like what i hear. Whatever it is, it is what it is and I think something should be done as a community to help.
Mummy
: 280

« #34 : August 09, 2009, 10:58:26 AM »

Sometimes it is more effective to approach a family relative to speak with these individuals.  There might be someone here in this town who is related to these families.  Has anyone tried that approach?  For now it is just stealing, what happens when it grows into bigger crime with lasting effects?

Is it possible for the school and/or social service programs to help this community to get help for these young souls?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #35 : August 10, 2009, 07:40:34 AM »

When I drove by the house yesterday, it looked like most of the cars had been removed and I have seen nobody around there.  Used to be a number of teenagers always hanging around the place.

Henry Raymond
Lilone
: 81

« #36 : August 10, 2009, 08:07:14 AM »

Yesterday there were also 3 State Troopers driving up and down main street. Maybe the kids got the hint.
« : August 10, 2009, 08:08:25 AM Henry »
ohhman
: 469

« #37 : August 12, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »

Dearon, I think most people realize the certain "kind" of people that are in question & most are smart enough to distinguish between someone acting strange driving by as opposed to someone like you, a realtor.  Josh is a very smart guy, uses his head & doesn't jump to conclusions, nor would he confront someone in an irate way, UNLESS he had good reason.  I many times see vehicles go by with "punks" in them & it's just a good idea to let them know you are around & keeping an eye out for yourself & your neighbor.  I'd rather be safe than sorry!  I don't know how often you go down Maple st., and it's not but only 2-3 houses we speak of here, but I'm with Shelley & don't like to drive down the street as I, & others I know, have been challenged by these brazen youngsters to not move out of the way so we can pass. Maybe when you've walked down these little culprits are off casing out their next home to break in or assaulting a lady with children! Thanks for the advice Josh, & unfortunately for ones like your dad, Dale & many others these culprits have robbed, I know of some that if they are caught at their home breaking in, they may sadly be carried out in a "body bag" as Dearon has stated!  I just disagree with some of the sheriff's staff however...I know a few that are fantastic, BUT I've called a few times & am told to call state as no one is on in our area & once when a kid (now frequenting Maple st himself), was ripping boards off a building @ school & another time some were smashing windows @ school, it took a few calls there, with the final call saying some concerned citizens went after these kids & it may not be good for them, before school officials and/or troopers showed up.........our school chair may remember those times!!!!
dearon
: 233

« #38 : August 12, 2009, 03:48:22 PM »

Dearon, I think most people realize the certain "kind" of people that are in question & most are smart enough to distinguish between someone acting strange driving by as opposed to someone like you, a realtor.  Josh is a very smart guy, uses his head & doesn't jump to conclusions, nor would he confront someone in an irate way, UNLESS he had good reason.  I many times see vehicles go by with "punks" in them & it's just a good idea to let them know you are around & keeping an eye out for yourself & your neighbor.  I'd rather be safe than sorry!  I don't know how often you go down Maple st., and it's not but only 2-3 houses we speak of here, but I'm with Shelley & don't like to drive down the street as I, & others I know, have been challenged by these brazen youngsters to not move out of the way so we can pass. Maybe when you've walked down these little culprits are off casing out their next home to break in or assaulting a lady with children! Thanks for the advice Josh, & unfortunately for ones like your dad, Dale & many others these culprits have robbed, I know of some that if they are caught at their home breaking in, they may sadly be carried out in a "body bag" as Dearon has stated!  I just disagree with some of the sheriff's staff however...I know a few that are fantastic, BUT I've called a few times & am told to call state as no one is on in our area & once when a kid (now frequenting Maple st himself), was ripping boards off a building @ school & another time some were smashing windows @ school, it took a few calls there, with the final call saying some concerned citizens went after these kids & it may not be good for them, before school officials and/or troopers showed up.........our school chair may remember those times!!!!

These youngsters (if they are the same ones) were jumping on a trampoline one time and another time were in the road riding their bikes.  Yes we had to walk around them but so what I've had  to do do them many times in other towns and cities.  I drive on this street all the time and have never had trouble.  I guess it's because they knew I wasn't afraid of them?
Travis
: 141

« #39 : August 12, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »

During the school year I drive down Maple street at least twice each weekday, and during the summer maybe once a week or every other week. I've never had a problem with anyone on that street. I had to figure out which house you people were talking about by the clues given in the conversation. Yes, I've seen the people hanging out at the house in question but I always just give them a smile and a nod and I'm on my way.
woodsman
: 2

« #40 : August 12, 2009, 08:19:53 PM »

It has not been mentioned yet but the other location of this story is within Colonial Estates. They association there has had years of dealing with the inappropriate behavior and actions of one unit owners children. One of them involved in this situation. Unfortunately attempts to get the parent to control them have been met with little success as well as hostile behavior from the adult who has no idea how far the association could crack down if necessary. Very sad that they have had to deal with the poor lack of parenting.
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: