Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:48:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Unapproved minutes of the 9/22/16 Library Trustees' meeting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Unapproved minutes of the 9/22/16 Library Trustees' meeting  ( 2127 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : September 28, 2016, 12:36:39 PM »

Unapproved Minutes, Fairfax Community Library Trustees’ Meeting
Sept 22, 2016.

In attendance were: Kyle Metayer, Pat Gallant, Janel Gamm, Liz Griffin.
The meeting was called to order at 6:07.

The purpose of the meeting was to review the preliminary budget as prepared by Debbie before submission  to the Select Board by the October 3 deadline.

The staff will receive a 2% cola salary increase.  Though this appears as a 167% increase in salary, it must be noted that this reflects both an  18 month budget and the  increase in staff hours  that was previously  requested and approved by the Select Board.  Compliance with the Sick Leave law is also reflected in this percentage.

The 1.44% increase in the technology budget includes reworking the library website.

The postage budget has increased because  the library will not receive a grant from the Vermont Department of Libraries which usually amounted to between $500 and $700.

A pilot courier program for all libraries across the state may be available which will reduce the cost of postage. The courier program will handle interlibrary loan materials.

The trustees went into executive session at 6:30  to discuss staff salaries.  They exited executive session at 6:50.

It was decided that the 2% staff salary increase was appropriate. This is 1.2% over the cola defined  by the latest cpi.
The trustees approved the preliminary budget for 2017-2018 and Kyle will review it and send it to the Select Board.
 Library staff Karin and Lara will work an extra 15 minutes on Saturday mornings to allow them to set up the library before the public arrives. 

The trustees presented Debbie with her salary for the following fiscal year, and commended her for her outstanding work in making the library a 21st century multi-generational community center where learning and creativity and fun take place, and books are always available.

The meeting adjourned at 7:30

Respectfully submitted
Elizabeth Griffin

: [1]  
« previous next »
: