Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:11:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Hot air balloon over Fairfax ?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hot air balloon over Fairfax ?  ( 5157 )
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« : July 15, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »

Possibly!!!

Look in the evening, I would say between 6:00pm and 7:00pm this evening.   The basket, along with the pilot will contain the Filiberti clan.

Of course it all depends on the wind.

Pictures to follow.....

Thanks go out to Ken Levesque of U-Ken-Do Ballooning

Dave
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : July 15, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »

Awesome! We will be watching!  I met Ken & his wife when they came to the big truck day Fairfax success by six sponsored.  They are truly  an amazing & wonderful couple.  ENJOY!!!! maybe you'll land near our house & I will go take pics!  Costco trip just put on hold to see this!
Julie & 6pt Dave

« #2 : July 15, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »

3plusk
You are so right about Ken and his wife.  One day a few months ago Julie had to go down to the school to work on props for the play.  She noticed Ken and others over Fairfax so she gave me a call.  I grabbed my camera and headed to the village.  Once in the village I noticed that one of the balloons had landed on the soccer/football field.    I arrived and met Ken and his wife.  I was asked if I waned to help to pack up the balloon -- 'sure why not'.   Then Ken asked if I was interested in buying a raffle ticket to benefit Camp Takumta.   http://www.takumta.org/   Of course I would for the kids.   I REALLY didn't do it to win a ride ( I'm not really good at heights ) but guess who won ??

So hats off to U-Ken-Do Ballooning for donating a ride to benefit Camp Takumta. 

Dave
« : July 16, 2010, 06:24:07 AM Julie & 6pt Dave »
sue
: 124

« #3 : July 15, 2010, 03:02:42 PM »

I hope you can make it.  It is an awesome experience.   
MikeF9
: 1994

« #4 : July 15, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »

I think he's the one that landed in my back yard a few years ago.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
ohhman
: 469

« #5 : July 16, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »

Did you go?? I sat & watched & waited........saw nothing...bummer
Julie & 6pt Dave

« #6 : July 16, 2010, 11:35:16 PM »

We did go and had a great time.  We started in Milton in the park behind the library.  The winds were light and out of the South.  I was hoping for more South West winds which would have taken us more in a Fairfax direction.  As it were we ran almost parallel to route 7 and landed by the historical society in Georgia.  We were in the air for over an hour.

Ken is a great pilot and his crew got us set up and on our way in short order.

I'll try to get a few pics and post them later in the day.

Dave
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : July 17, 2010, 01:26:23 AM »

Anyone heard of Dave Atell , the stand up comic, and his take on Hot Air Balloons?

Classic,,, youtube it.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: