Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:00:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The Kennedy Family - A Series Of Tragedies Not Remedied By Wealth
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Kennedy Family - A Series Of Tragedies Not Remedied By Wealth  ( 3657 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 26, 2009, 08:13:50 AM »

The family has undergone (then, before, and since) a series of deaths and other reverses that could not be fully remedied by wealth, sometimes called "the Kennedy curse"; it has included the John F. Kennedy assassination; the Robert F. Kennedy assassination; four aircraft crashes (Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr., Kathleen Kennedy, Edward M. Kennedy, and John F. Kennedy, Jr.); a fatal skiing accident (Michael LeMoyne Kennedy); a failed prefrontal lobotomy on Rosemary Kennedy, carried out in the hope of calming the young woman's violent outbursts but resulting in more severe mental retardation; and at least three sets of allegations against individual family members and their relatives by marriage, including a murder conviction (Michael Skakel) and a controversial fatal single-car crash (Chappaquiddick incident). Conversely, a number of Kennedy-family members have since held high office and the idea that the family's influence was snuffed out in the 1960s is seen as an exaggeration.

The latest is the death of Senator Kennedy who died last night from the result of brain cancer.
« : August 26, 2009, 08:23:28 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : August 28, 2009, 12:05:25 AM »

You gotta hand it to Papa Joe, he did good for his family.

There would be no Kennedy Mystique without that tough SOB.

Those now a days who laud all of their admiration of JFK, RFK, and Ted Kennedy have no idea who Joe Kennedy was.

Joe provided for his family, legally and illegally, at the time. (Bootlegging)

Different era, different times.

Joe is the ONLY Kennedy.

But hey, that is just me.

dearon
: 233

« #2 : August 28, 2009, 06:56:19 AM »

Death is the great equalizer isn't it
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : August 29, 2009, 02:59:07 AM »

Death is the great equalizer isn't it

True DAT.....