Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:53:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Grace Esther (Gillin) Machia Dies At The Age Of 86
« previous next »
: [1]
: Grace Esther (Gillin) Machia Dies At The Age Of 86  ( 2703 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 17, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

Grace E. (Gillin) Machia

Fairfax/St. Albans - Grace Esther (Gillin) Machia, 86 went to be with the Lord surrounded by family at her home at Harbor View Drive on Tuesday October 16, 2012.  She was born on September 22, 1926 daughter of the late Charlie and Eula (Sweet) Gillin.  Grace was a lifelong resident of the area and graduated from Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax.  She graduated from Harper Method Cosmetology in Rochester, NY.  After college she started her career in cosmetology in St. Albans working with her friend Gerri Codding.  She married Dalton Machia on June 21, 1947.  Grace and Dalton made their home in Fairfax.  She enjoyed making a home for her children and husband and operating her own beauty shop from their home.  Grace looked forward to holiday gatherings at her house surrounded by loved ones and especially enjoyed the many summers spent at their camp on Georgia Shore.  Grace was a dedicated wife, mother, sister and friend, was admired by all who knew her and will be remembered for her quick wit, sense of humor and love of music.  It saddens our hearts to have lost the Matriarch of our family.

Grace was also predeceased by her husband Dalton on March 17, 2011 and her son Charles “Chuck” Machia on December 10, 2003.

Survivors include her children and spouses, daughter-in-law Roberta Machia, Mike and Lorrie Machia, Tom and Mary Machia, Sara (Machia) and Hoyt Hurtubise.  Her grandchildren, Nathan and Catherine Boltz, Marty Machia, Charles, Aaron and Zachary Machia, Michelle Ricketts, Matthew, Dylan and Hanna Hurtubise.  Great grandchildren, Ethan and Avery Boltz and Lennon and Gabriel Ricketts, her sisters and their spouses, Bette and Wendell Loso, Brenda and Alois Plattner, her in-laws and their spouses, Meredith Gillilian, Jim and Mary Jane Machia, Joyce (Machia) Allen, Bruce and Sandy Machia, Catherine (Pete) Machia, Lois and Bert Gillespie, extended family Mary Ellen and John Shaw, Clair Dunn and Mary Jean Karr, special friend, Hilda Hawkins, several cousins, nieces and nephews.

Grace and her family would like to thank the Franklin County Home Health staff for all their care and support over the years.

Visiting hours will be held on Friday October 19, 2012 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel.  A funeral service will be held on Saturday October 20, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. at the United Church of Fairfax with Pastor Robert Magie officiating.  Burial will follow in the family lot in St. Luke Cemetery, Fairfax.  Memorial contributions in Grace’s memory may be made to Franklin County Home Health and Hospice, 3 Home Health Circle, St. Albans, VT 05478.  The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : October 18, 2012, 05:22:13 AM »

For those of you who may not have lived here when Grace and Dalton lived here in town, they first lived in the little white house at 1111 Main Street where Grace had her Beauty Shop in the home.  They later purchased the big brick house on the corner of Hunt and Main Steet where Grace continued to run her Beauty Shop and Dalton worked at IBM.  I believe all of their kids graduated from BFA and Chuck, their oldest son was even a teacher at BFA.  Grace grew up on the farm where Clair Dunn now lives which was just over the Fairfax Town Line in the Town of Fletcher.  My personal condolences go out to the entire family.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : October 18, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »

Click on the following link to look at some photos I took when Grace celebrated her 80th Birthday:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/slideshow.php?set_albumName=gmachia80

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : October 20, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »

Dalton & Grace sold their house at 2 Hunt Street in 1996 and moved to St. Albans

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : October 20, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »

My condolences go out to the entire family. Grace and her family are wonderful people. I will always remember her beautiful smile and the many memories and stories from my mother. ~Mary Kay Raymond

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: