Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:19:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Check Out The New Country Pantry Menu - Opening Tomorrow
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Check Out The New Country Pantry Menu - Opening Tomorrow  ( 18197 )
gasman353

« #15 : September 29, 2012, 07:02:50 AM »

My 4 yr old and I just went this am. Never got a menu, never got any service. Got sat at the bar and forgotten! She did ask my boy what he wanted to drink, he responded chocolate milk, she proceeded to clean up tables. Needless to say we got up and left! Headed to appolo in Milton. Very disappointing. They weren't even busy, not a good start.
lena6
: 357

« #16 : September 29, 2012, 09:55:21 AM »

I hope you told the owners about the problem.  I am sure that will not happen again if they know about it.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #17 : September 29, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »

I rescanned the menus - I believe there were a few errors corrected.  The menus still appear in the first posting

Henry Raymond
gasman353

« #18 : September 29, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »

There was no one other than the girl that didn't help me there, at least that I saw
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #19 : September 29, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »

I went down this afternoon and told one of the owners what happened and asked her to look at my web site - Hopefully you can have a better experience as the food is good and also reasonable - Sounds to me that they should not have to open sign on until the help arrives.

Henry Raymond
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #20 : October 10, 2012, 11:46:46 AM »

We tried out the new country pantry for breakfast last weekend. My pancakes, bacon, and home fries were fine (though I suspect the home fries may have been from the freezer).  My wife's breakfast of crabcake benedict was terrible.  She said it was the worst crabcake she'd ever had, and wasnt even sure there was any actual crab in it.  The eggs benedict were way overcooked to the point of being completely dried out.  The english muffin beneath everything was so tough she couldnt cut through it with her knife (maybe it was microwaved to death).  Service was a bit slow and distracted, but they are newly opened so that is not a big deal.  My meal arrived before my wife's and I was already done eating mine, as her food was getting put on the table.  They did take my wife's meal off the bill, which was really nice.  I'm not sure if we'll go back.

We'd like to support an in-town restaurant, but wont if the quality is bad or inconsistent.
« : October 10, 2012, 12:46:11 PM GamingWeasel »

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #21 : October 10, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »

my wife and I enjoyed our eggs benny classic this morning.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
lena6
: 357

« #22 : October 10, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »

Have been twice and had great food both times. 
David Shea
: 471

« #23 : October 10, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »

A friend of mine and I had lunch at the Pantry today.  My friend had the fish and chips which he liked and I had the chicken soup and sandwich special with fries.  We were greeted at the door with a smile and had great service. 
slpott
: 457

« #24 : October 10, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »

My family ate there last night and it was wonderful. 4 out of 4 so far. My Mom also eats there a lot and she is happy.
swilliam
: 47

« #25 : October 10, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »

We went last week for dinner.  The food was good.  Service was great.  I guess my only complaints are:  1.  Soup or salad does not come with the dinners, which makes it seem like a lesser value meal to me; and 2.  The dinner menu seemed sparse, I would like to see more choices for sandwich and burger type items. Currently I think there is only 1 burger on the dinner menu.  Just my 2 cents.  On a different note, who are the new owners?  I wish them the best of luck.
« : October 10, 2012, 06:34:11 PM swilliam »
Nihad

« #26 : October 12, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »

Hello
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the residents of Fairfax and the town leaders in helping as with the start up and giving us a warm welcome. Country Pantry was (some time ago) a family restaurant with great food ,great prices ,warm, friendly atmosphere and our goal is to bring it back. One of our owner-chef has 20 years of cooking experience and run some very successful restaurants in Florida in the past 12 years. At the beginning of his career he worked for about 6 years in Vermont restaurants, such as Isabel’s and Boat House.  Everything in Country Pantry is done in the house, from dressings, desserts, home made breads to house fries. I assure you that everything gets prepared on the same day, nothing is cooked and frozen.  We value your feed back and would love to hear more from you.
Thanks again to all of you.
Country Pantry Diner
« : October 12, 2012, 11:02:53 AM Henry »
Judi
: 508

« #27 : October 12, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »

I had the crabcake roll w/fries and certainly could tell, and remarked, that they were made fresh. Great job!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: